Powerlogger

Bought one from TT a yr and a half-ago; got it working last night and it is COOL as hell, badass, just got to figure out how to download a run after i install new turbo tomorrow....lot's of fun to come...:D

Just make sure you save the run/log right after you stop recording, I have lost good data by not saving it right away.
Thank's for the head's up as i have alot to learn with the PL , you have to download to flash drive to D/L to desktop to post log on forum correct ? i also put the new chip in the SM , BIG DIFFRENCE this whole set-up is cool as hell, like comparing dial-up to high speed internet... :shock: I bought a kwiklift over the weekend and have the car up on it now working on the new turbo and D/P , wish i had logged a run before i started to compare the before an after...:(

Awesome!! Kwiklift will lift the car fast I presume. How long does it take to get the car all the way up? Post some pics of the project, I'd love to see.

Awesome!! Kwiklift will lift the car fast I presume. How long does it take to get the car all the way up? Post some pics of the project, I'd love to see.
Jard this is a drive-on lift and it don't have to be anchored down, just drive up on it and use a floor jack to lift the rear and your done. It'a lot better than floor jack's and its raised about 34", added bonus it was only $475, here are a few pic's....

Nice pics Rob, I like the kwiklift, cheap and easy lol that's my style!!!
Dogs look like they're on coffee brake, not very good helpers are they, but they look good. I really like the way you wrote the date and mileage on your oil filter, I usually put it on a white board in the cupboard but that is much easier to see all the time. Looks like you're making progress! Keep it up and keep posting pics!!

Thank's Jarred, it also has a bridge that slide's back and forth to jack the car and do brake's or whatever and what really surprized me was how this is the perfect height for just about anything you want to do, so much so that i'm not sure i will buy a 4-post lift now, BTW i paid more for the 2-rear tire's than i paid for this lift! all in all money well spent. And yeah, i think this 2 dog's are democrates, lay around, don't work and want you to feed them... for free...:teehee:

WS6

Stay thirsty my friends
Couple PL tricks....

Be sure to QS/config and select a file name and file comment.Change them every season.

Check off auto connect box

Set min record length to 25-30 secs and if you should forget to start recording and an event happens you can double click the space bar and it will record the previous 25 or 30 secs and capture what you missed.

I use it at the track all the time....say like I make a pass and forgot to start recording after the water box I simply double tap the space bar when I go through the traps and it goes back in time and usually grabs clear back to the water box.

Couple PL tricks....

Be sure to QS/config and select a file name and file comment.Change them every season.

Check off auto connect box

Set min record length to 25-30 secs and if you should forget to start recording and an event happens you can double click the space bar and it will record the previous 25 or 30 secs and capture what you missed.

I use it at the track all the time....say like I make a pass and forgot to start recording after the water box I simply double tap the space bar when I go through the traps and it goes back in time and usually grabs clear back to the water box.
I think we did all that, my son-in-law is the purter geek and helped alot to get this going this far, you might want to send me your add. so i can send you a new keyboard, yep; lot's of question's....;)

simo

And yeah, i think this 2 dog's are democrates, lay around, don't work and want you to feed them... for free...:teehee:
I think these 2 dog's are Republicans, lie all around them, don't actually work at a real job but collect on their investment portfolio and pay their 15% or less tax rate while you actually work and pay a 35% tax rate or more and in effect you are feeding them like a monkey on your back and more... for free...:dirol:

kymmee

Silver Member
I think these 2 dog's are Republicans, lie all around them, don't actually work at a real job but collect on their investment portfolio and pay their 15% or less tax rate while you actually work and pay a 35% tax rate or more and in effect you are feeding them like a monkey on your back and more... for free...:dirol:
My question is what do the "independent" dogs do? Hang out at Chick Fil a?

TTAGUY

Jard this is a drive-on lift and it don't have to be anchored down, just drive up on it and use a floor jack to lift the rear and your done. It'a lot better than floor jack's and its raised about 34", added bonus it was only $475, here are a few pic's....

Very nice Robert, congrats. That is a very sweet deal, and the price is great. Now how can I get my wife to agree that we need this?
Thanks for the pics

Very nice Robert, congrats. That is a very sweet deal, and the price is great. Now how can I get my wife to agree that we need this?
Thanks for the pics
same way i got my wife to buy a new truck, lie..:rofl: i told her the old truck wouldn't haul that much weight and would break down half way to Hebron...:whistle:

So are you guys running PL in addition to the Scanmaster?

Must look into that Kwiklift... mmmmm....
Yep, the PL come's with a updated chip for the SM and it's fast as hell and also show's boost... the Kwiklift is really nice for the money and if your garage only has 8' side wall's it's no problem, also heard they went out of business just last week...maybe you can find a good deal on a new one, mine was used but at least it was already painted John Deere green...:D

WS6

Stay thirsty my friends
Couple things I'd look into.....

IAT's are curiously low and stable through out the log,unless it was a cool autumn night?

Injector duty cycle looks high for 14 psi of boost...to me anyway.

And the ECM thinks you're in 3rd/4th gear all the time.

Thanks i will check it out, did you go to the end of the log? btw, the chip in it now was for a ta60, not the te62 in it now... but everything else is the same; the end was around 100mph on the PL ...

WS6

Stay thirsty my friends
Yeah, I just went over it again. I don't know which version chip you have but appears you haven't fiddled with the parameters. It looks like the ECM is keeping up with the fueling but narrowband O2's like that make me nervous. I'd add fuel in the 3/4 and get those O2's up at the end of WOT blast.

One other thing....almost 3 minutes of a log....3 to 4 different WOT blasts and not one hint of knock retard ( hooray!)....but I'm accustomed to at least some knock counts in every log mine has, even if it's start-up knock counts, or burn out box knock counts. But yours has nothing,...nada,zip,zilch knock counts. Are you pretty confident the knock sensor is hooked up and working?

I'm talking about " knock counts" and not "knock retard".

Yeah, I just went over it again. I don't know which version chip you have but appears you haven't fiddled with the parameters. It looks like the ECM is keeping up with the fueling but narrowband O2's like that make me nervous. I'd add fuel in the 3/4 and get those O2's up at the end of WOT blast.

One other thing....almost 3 minutes of a log....3 to 4 different WOT blasts and not one hint of knock retard ( hooray!)....but I'm accustomed to at least some knock counts in every log mine has, even if it's start-up knock counts, or burn out box knock counts. But yours has nothing,...nada,zip,zilch knock counts. Are you pretty confident the knock sensor is hooked up and working?

I'm talking about " knock counts" and not "knock retard".
I have the 5.7 street chip and no i have not adj.or fooled with any parameters and yes i'm with you on the WOT o2's i was thinking the same thing even though it's NB... and yes i am pretty confident knock sensor (i think) is fine as i am running half sunoco 93 and about 5gal 110 oct, as you see so far it's only 15lb boost at wot. fuel p. is what i am worried about since this car is hard to keep straight and look at gauges at the same time, i thought the PL logged that too... (fp) to me it look's like i need to pull fuel in 1st and add in 3@4...

Keep in mine also that these #'s are on a 30min or less relearn after the new turbo@ DP combo and i'm thinking a reburn on the chip may be in order...timing should be close but boost may be 20-25 to run in the 10's

WS6

Stay thirsty my friends
and yes i am pretty confident knock sensor (i think) is fine as i am running half sunoco 93 and about 5gal 110 oct, as you see so far it's only 15lb boost at wot. fuel p. is what i am worried about since this car is hard to keep straight and look at gauges at the same time, i thought the PL logged that too... (fp) to me it look's like i need to pull fuel in 1st and add in 3@4...

Ahhh, race gas....that explains allot....it explains hitting high 600's to low 700's and no detonation.My car will log knock counts during crank to start and they will stay logged till the next key off cycle.

As far as FP. That is something the end user installs to log on the PL,same for alkky or EGT's and wideband O2's..... all stuff outside the ECM's knowledge.You'll need pressure sensors and wiring to tie into your I/O board.

I don't know if subtracting fuel in the 1st gear(the only selectable gear specific adjustment) will help because the chip thinks you're in 3/4 even at idle and stopped.Of course you have WOT fuel adjustment and timing adjustments.

I guess the million dollar question is why does the PL think it's in 3/4 all the time? is that something i did in f-3 configuring? Also i remember you saying something awhile back about the WB would only be a spectator at this stage, soooo i guess i am confused about whether or not i even need one, thought's ?

Top Bottom