Owners Kit

It is mine, and I just listed it last night. The reserve was lowered very near the final bid from listing it two weeks ago.

Hope that helps!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL!

2QUIK6

Did you just join up now to sell the owners kit? Interesting that the ad says the buyer of the car didn't want the kit??? Who would buy the car and say they didn't want the kit?

WS6

Stay thirsty my friends
Maybe buyer did not want to pay extra 2k$ to get it.
That's how it went when I bought my car,PO held it hostage for an extra $900 after I drove 9 hrs to buy the car....I had no idea or knowledge of the owner's kit back then and told him to keep it.

Well, within 20 minutes or so in the time it took to load the car we both had a change of heart and I bought it for an extra $400 and then grinded my teeth about all the way home....in retrospect I did the right thing.

Kman1971

This is how it went down for me too. I bought jok191's TTA (#613) on eBay and assumed the kit was included with the car. MY BAD.... He immediately offered to sell me the kit for another $1000 and I declined. I was pissed too it that was not included in the sale. I had not been on here yet and the seller told me the kit's were going in excess of $1000 online at that time. Plus I had already had a kit with my original car and didn't realize the value of it then either. TTA #613 already had the decals on it too.

After joining this site, I quickly realized the value of the kit. Jan researched them and found that you could buy a replacement kit during the first few years for $60. I then started my quest for a kit and won one for $506 in a silent auction, which still seemed crazy to me at the time but that was the most I was willing to pay for one.

After recently selling TTA #613, I didn't get near what I thought the car was worth, so decided to auction off my kit on Ebay to help recoup some of my loss on the sale of the car. It hammered down to all our amazement for a little over $2k, so based on my personal experience, the value of a TTA kit is what an individual is willing to pay. This can be anywhere from $0 to $60, to $506 to a little over $2K. Since we can longer buy it retail, the auction is the best way to determine the value and the most the individual will pay for one.:bash:

These kits are going to surprise many in the coming years I believe. Kris is right, the Kit was not included in the sale, but it's exclusion from the sale was noted in the description. I myself sold Kris the car for a great price in a depressed market, and offered the kit at a price very close to what I had purchased it for myself.....paid over $850....offered it for $1000. With two of them recently going for over $2k in the last year, my beginning statement holds true here.

With a high percentage of the cars displaying their kit decals (as mine was)....the # of available kits is a very small # I presume. These cars were beginning to appreciate as they should have prior to the financial crisis, and will again one day......having the owners kit for a collectible like this in the future will certainly add value....and if you don't have one,,,,your collectible will not be complete.

I really don't need to sell the kit at this time, and will be happy to hold on to it if it doesn't meet the reserve. I only re-listed it because Ebay offered a free re-list. As Kris stated, it will go for what the buyer is willing to pay for it...When I purchased mine, I recall many saying $875 was too much.....now they are $2k.....:poke:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
The document / brochure in the top right hand corner in the lid highlighted in the attached photo what is that? I don't recognise it and would be interested to learn or see a couple of photos of just that item.

There's a number of extras in there that did not originally come in the owners kit for the TTA but was part of the normal glove box items for all Firebirds; which is a nice bonus :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey Jan,

It is the Pontiac Roadside assistance brochure. It has a laminated card to put in your wallet for roadside assistance. Try to get a close up shot for you when I get back to the house next week. BTW thanks for all you do here on the site!

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Jan,

It is the Pontiac Roadside assistance brochure. It has a laminated card to put in your wallet for roadside assistance. Try to get a close up shot for you when I get back to the house next week. BTW thanks for all you do here on the site!
That would be great, I got all the otherbits (many of which I scanned and shared on this site as you might have noticed) so would be great if you can take some good photos or scans for us all.

And thanks for the kind words, doing my best for everyone to learn more about these great cars and the history behind them.

kymmee

Silver Member
When I looked at TTA1515 the first time, the PO did not have the kit with the car. It was at home. The 2nd time I looked at the car, I asked him to bring it. I purchased the car that day and he actually gave me the kit to take home. I went back 4 days later to pick up the car. What was really crazy was I didnt even give him a down payment-he didnt want one. He said just come back with the cash when you pick the car up. He was very trusting.

This is how it went down for me too. I bought jok191's TTA (#613) on eBay and assumed the kit was included with the car. MY BAD.... He immediately offered to sell me the kit for another $1000 and I declined. I was pissed too it that was not included in the sale. I had not been on here yet and the seller told me the kit's were going in excess of $1000 online at that time. Plus I had already had a kit with my original car and didn't realize the value of it then either. TTA #613 already had the decals on it too.

After joining this site, I quickly realized the value of the kit. Jan researched them and found that you could buy a replacement kit during the first few years for $60. I then started my quest for a kit and won one for $506 in a silent auction, which still seemed crazy to me at the time but that was the most I was willing to pay for one.

After recently selling TTA #613, I didn't get near what I thought the car was worth, so decided to auction off my kit on Ebay to help recoup some of my loss on the sale of the car. It hammered down to all our amazement for a little over $2k, so based on my personal experience, the value of a TTA kit is what an individual is willing to pay. This can be anywhere from $0 to $60, to $506 to a little over $2K. Since we can longer buy it retail, the auction is the best way to determine the value and the most the individual will pay for one.:bash:
you guys r like racers sell car and keep parts :detective:

tta299

White Car Fever

i was supose to get sent fact wires for 299 ? even tried to mail me title. I told him im takin car an title or driving back south 12hrs with nothing... so should i charge extra for window sticker an owners kits on cars ? no!

Well, I got you beat by $50! The reserve is $1700 on it.....lol! I figured I would list it there since the last one went for over $2k. If it doesn't sell, it goes into long term storage! LOL

I don't need to sell it, and I will laugh all the way to the bank in 5years if no one gets it now!

They were $60 5years ago.....$1k 2 years ago.....$2k this last year.....do the math! LOL

BTW - Jan I will be back to the house early next week and will get some pictures of the roadside brochure posted for you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!

Brilliant observation ANA! Brilliant!!! LOL.....

Like I said, don't need to sell it, and won't if it doesn't get there (it's $300 less than the last one on Ebay sold for too).......it's rather small and stores well, it also falls outside of my Wife's clutter definition! LOL.....

:dance:

Ryan40601

High bid not near 2 k
I just bought a kit for 1 k from a guy on here has no keychain ,I have one but the center Tta part fell off ,if anyone knows where I could get the keychain don't hesitate to contact me ! Yes I still think $1000 is way too much especially for one that's not complete but the way these auctions are going I figured I better jump on it b4 I never get one!
Thanks in advance!

kymmee

Silver Member
High bid not near 2 k
I just bought a kit for 1 k from a guy on here has no keychain ,I have one but the center Tta part fell off ,if anyone knows where I could get the keychain don't hesitate to contact me ! Yes I still think $1000 is way too much especially for one that's not complete but the way these auctions are going I figured I better jump on it b4 I never get one!
Thanks in advance!

I'm glad you finally got one! I bought the oil cap from him. Wanted a few other things, but will have to wait. You have the basic kit, so you should be able to pick up a keychain down the road sometime.:thumbup:

Top Bottom