Tta Magazine List - Updated November 2nd, 2019

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATED November 13th, 2018

Added 4 more magazines that were long overdue and contributed by members on here.

PLEASE SEE IF YOU GOT SOME MAGAZINES NOT LISTED IN HERE OR THE ONES IN RED SAYING "MISSING"

Around 175 scanned magazines in total :thumbup:

--------------------

Finally got around to sort all my magazines and update Ron's (turbota6) "old" list he compiled years ago (Turbo Trans Am Publication List).

I know many of us kept their own lists but thought it would be a good idea to keep an updated version in this thread and for anyone to contribute when new publications are found that are not on the list.

Note: I have not included all the various newspaper articles that were published in 1988/1989 based on the GM press releases. And I have not included any books (might do this at some point when I have time); Ron's list do have some books listed.

So if you spot an error in any of the listing OR if you have a magazine not listed then please post all the details in this thread and I'll update this PDF document accordingly; and hopefully you can provide a scan of that missing magazine and share with the rest of us.

Any questions, suggestions, comments are all welcome !

Enjoy !

Ps. Magazines that been scanned you find the PDFs posted in this dedicated thread: TTA Magazine's - PDF downloads

NOTE: I will keep this thread clean and only keep related posts.

Attachments

Last edited:

TTA984

Gold Member
Re: TTA Magazine List UP-To-DATE

That is a good list Jan, I am on vacation now and when I get home will have to compare my mags with the ones on the list. I am sure they are on there.:)

Turbota6

Funny that my list is still out there. Seems like such a long time ago when I see Revised 2/11/1997! I actually started the list around 1995 or so when I was searching for a TTA. Then when I found Russ Salerno's TTA web site and made the suggestion of publishing a list of literature. He said it was a great idea and when could I submit one! Open mouth, insert foot. I do that a lot. :bash:

Jan, looks like you've been busy compiling this. Great job & cheers! :cheers:

bimmerzhp

Wow, nice job Jan. I just bought 4 magazines about a week ago. This list will make it easier.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member

Funny that my list is still out there. Seems like such a long time ago when I see Revised 2/11/1997! I actually started the list around 1995 or so when I was searching for a TTA. Then when I found Russ Salerno's TTA web site and made the suggestion of publishing a list of literature. He said it was a great idea and when could I submit one! Open mouth, insert foot. I do that a lot. :bash:

Jan, looks like you've been busy compiling this. Great job & cheers! :cheers:
You know what it takes Ron .. been on my "to-do-list" for some time and finally got around it :cool1:

bossbird ta

great list Jan. i'm sure this took a little bit of time to gather up. i do have a few additions that might be of interest...
the first is; Muscle Car Review, August 1987 mentions "possible install" of Turbo Buick V-6 for 1988 Trans Am???....
and the second is from Pontiac Winners Circle May 1989 with two different stories about the 89 TTA's....
i've included the covers of both in case anyone wants to try and hunt these down.....

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member

great list Jan. i'm sure this took a little bit of time to gather up. i do have a few additions that might be of interest...
the first is; Muscle Car Review, August 1987 mentions "possible install" of Turbo Buick V-6 for 1988 Trans Am???....
and the second is from Pontiac Winners Circle May 1989 with two different stories about the 89 TTA's....
i've included the covers of both in case anyone wants to try and hunt these down.....
This is brilliant; if we all share what's missing this way and I will update the list and highlight in green what changed from previous list / release to help keep track of new additions.

On wich pages are the articles in Muscle Car Review and in the Pontiac Winners Circle publication?

bossbird ta

This is brilliant; if we all share what's missing this way and I will update the list and highlight in green what changed from previous list / release to help keep track of new additions.

On wich pages are the articles in Muscle Car Review and in the Pontiac Winners Circle publication?
Jan,
page 14 in MCR and page 5 in PWC which is just a 6 page news letter type of publication.....iirc, the MCR tid-bit just might be the first mention of ANYTHING Buick V-6/ Turbo T/A related????

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member

Jan,
page 14 in MCR and page 5 in PWC which is just a 6 page news letter type of publication.....iirc, the MCR tid-bit just might be the first mention of ANYTHING Buick V-6/ Turbo T/A related????
Perfect many thanks!

Check the rumours in Hot Rod 1982 ... 83 Turbo TA or 84 Turbo TA with Buick turbo V6 :) (see magazine list)

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member

Do you have higher resolution scans you can email me ([email protected]) and I will create PDF's to post in the other thread.

Re: TTA Magazine List - UPDATED February 13, 2014

Jan
I really appreciate all the work you put into these TTA projects! Sure makes hunting and collecting this stuff a lot easier. It's great that you have included the content of the article.
Thanks
KID

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member

Jan
I really appreciate all the work you put into these TTA projects! Sure makes hunting and collecting this stuff a lot easier. It's great that you have included the content of the article.
Thanks
KID
Thanks Kid, doing my best to share with you all !

Stay tuned for loads of PDF versions of articles to be uploaded shortly; plan is to get all articles in that list scanned and posted on the forum but bit time consuming doing it as you can imagine.

Jan

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member

Ok 30+ new additions; scanned PDF's in the other thread .... ENJOY !

Last edited:

kymmee

Silver Member
Re: TTA Magazine List - UPDATED February 19, 2014

Jan, don't know if this one counts because its not a magazine-but remember the newspaper article that was done about the TTA reunion? I'm sure its on here somewhere in another thread-it was scanned. I noticed you had some things already about the TTA reunion but did not see that one.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Re: TTA Magazine List - UPDATED February 19, 2014

Jan, don't know if this one counts because its not a magazine-but remember the newspaper article that was done about the TTA reunion? I'm sure its on here somewhere in another thread-it was scanned. I noticed you had some things already about the TTA reunion but did not see that one.
Aha well spotted. No its not part of this ... next project is all newspaper clippings to document and organize them all ... so would be part of that list.

Like to get all the magazines scanned and sorted out first ... still got a couple of boxes full to scan but doing a focused effort to get it all done.

Ps. 15 more PDF's up there now !

Last edited:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Re: TTA Magazine List - UPDATED February 20th, 2014

Jan I have one to add. unless I just missed it?
Musclecars of the 60s/70s
Fall 89
I think you are right ... how could I have missed that one.

Let me double check as I'm scanning what's left to scan so if I do have a copy it will be in one of the two boxes I'm working right now ...

I'll let you know. Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member

I think you are right ... how could I have missed that one.

Let me double check as I'm scanning what's left to scan so if I do have a copy it will be in one of the two boxes I'm working right now ...

I'll let you know. Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:
Found it ... it's on there already under "Cars and Parts Magazine" ... was looking under Muscle Cars but that is a different magazine.

Look for:
Cars & Parts Magazine - Muscle Cars of the 60s/70s Fall 1989 Volume 2, Number 3
p.28, 30, 89-90 part of article “F-bird celebrating 20 years” with 2 press photos

Will scan that one next and add to the other thread.

Last edited:

Found it ... it's on there already under "Cars and Parts Magazine" ... was looking under Muscle Cars but that is a different magazine.

Look for:
Cars & Parts Magazine - Muscle Cars of the 60s/70s Fall 1989 Volume 2, Number 3
p.28, 30, 89-90 part of article “F-bird celebrating 20 years” with 2 press photos

Will scan that one next and add to the other thread.
Damn you are good! I see on my issue that it is in fact from Cars and Parts mag. Oh well I tried!
Again Thanks for doing such a fantastic job!
KID

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member

Damn you are good! I see on my issue that it is in fact from Cars and Parts mag. Oh well I tried!
Again Thanks for doing such a fantastic job!
KID
Thank you sir !

That magazine along with a number of others are scanned and up there now. More to come during the week.

Top Bottom