Benefit Show for injured teacher

kymmee

Silver Member
A local teacher in my daughters school was critically injured when some kids threw a large rock from an overpass on I-80 in July. Some of you may have heard about it because it has gained national attention. She has been in a coma since the acccident and has lost one eye and mostly likely has brain damage. The community has really come together and has held several fund raising events. Wanting to show support, we took the TTA and the MSE to a benefit cruise in yesterday. The weather was great and a lot of cars were there. Link to the pictures I took.
Benefit Cruise In-Mrs Budd 8-10-14 Photos by fancyone | Photobucket

Raymond Bunch

TTA #1416 / 1BADDAM
First and foremost, I'm very sad to hear something like this happening to an educator, a person who devotes themselves to helping others. A person who truly makes our communities a better place. Aforementioned already, I hope justice will be served to the fullest extent of the law.

Thanks for sharing. I love when people come together for a great cause.

kymmee

Silver Member
Thanks guys! Did not know her personally, but she is a well respected educator in the community.

Last I heard, the 4 juveniles were going to be tried as adults. I hope they get locked up for a long time. A lot of young people these days really need to get a life.

Hi kymmee, This was a terrible tragic thing to happen to this family and it makes me sick to have seen it on tv. The same thing happened to my dad when he was a young man and it happened to a very close friend of mine in high school on a double date, it also happened to a friend a few years ago. My dad was ok, and chased the people down, but never caught them. The friend in high school had it happen that the cinder block went through the windshield and and landed between the people in the back seat with no harm other than the shock of it happening. Do you have a link to where donations could be sent? These people need to end up in the electric chair that did this terrible thing. What a stupid thing to do. What happened to throwing water balloons or mooning people? Can't teenagers find something to do that doesn't hurt people permanently?

hoser

As the husband of a police officer , I hear the stories and most of the shit that happens with teenagers and young adults is because the the lack of respect they have. They don't respect authority whether it is police , parents or teachers...even themselves. But they are not fully to blame , parents need to start parenting and stop being their kids friend and buddy. As a 42 year old man with a 3 year old and a 6 week old , I know when they are older and if they choose the wrong path , I will be there with either a loving hand or a kick in the ass to get them back on course. Senseless violence like what these Kids have done is heartbreaking .

kymmee

Silver Member
Hi kymmee, This was a terrible tragic thing to happen to this family and it makes me sick to have seen it on tv. The same thing happened to my dad when he was a young man and it happened to a very close friend of mine in high school on a double date, it also happened to a friend a few years ago. My dad was ok, and chased the people down, but never caught them. The friend in high school had it happen that the cinder block went through the windshield and and landed between the people in the back seat with no harm other than the shock of it happening. Do you have a link to where donations could be sent? These people need to end up in the electric chair that did this terrible thing. What a stupid thing to do. What happened to throwing water balloons or mooning people? Can't teenagers find something to do that doesn't hurt people permanently?
Ratfink-This seems to happen more often than I thought, glad your family and friends were ok.

Here's a link to an on lind fundraiser.
Support Sharon Budd by Jill Dutton Paulus - GoFundMe

There was an update in the local paper today, she is being moved to a rehab facility.
Local teacher hit by rock thrown at car moves to rehab - newsnet5.com Cleveland

Top Bottom