My T/TA Racing at Race Legal San Diego, CA

Raymond Bunch

TTA #1416 / 1BADDAM
My car has a stock un-opened engine, with just a couple of pertinent mods. TA-60-1 turbo, 50lb, translator plus, LS-1 maf, PTS 9X11 3200 stall converter. Stock rear for now, with Founders PHB, and LCA's.

Best pass with very safe tune - 7.5 @ 93.XX, best mph was 95mph.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a9LwOLpJt80

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2w68wgjx5V0

This coming coming week I will be installing a Bison built 6262 turbo, 60lb, and an adjustable PHB.

On this note: I've owned 13 Turbo Buick's over the last 14 years. God knows why I didn't buy a TTA sooner. I love them! lol:headbang:

Enjoy!

Ray

Raymond Bunch

TTA #1416 / 1BADDAM
Thanks everyone. I'll keep posting more vids here as they come. Hopefully the car will continue to get faster, and faster too. All while maintaining good looks, handling, and great street performance. Man these cars are awesome!

Raymond Bunch

TTA #1416 / 1BADDAM
How do you like them in comparison to the GN ?
I'll be utmost honest here....I like them better. Both cars are extremely capable and fast. But, I do like the interior, handling, and aerodynamic's of the T/TA much better. I also like the fact that the car is currently de-badged right now, after a factory reprint sometime ago. Another cool factor is that, most folks think it's just a regular GTA. So, being a sleeper is a huge plus up :toot:too.

Yeah i took most of the emblem's off my fast TTA, there are a few high-end car's around here that are probably still wondering what in the hell was that !!....:D

Raymond Bunch

TTA #1416 / 1BADDAM
Yeah i took most of the emblem's off my fast TTA, there are a few high-end car's around here that are probably still wondering what in the hell was that !!....:D
Awesome! yeah, there's no better feeling than keeping people wondering what the heck just happened. I also like when people come over and inquire about what's under the hood.

Only for them to find out its a lil V6. :confused: what even funnier is when you have a GN and T/TA parked next to each other with the hood open. People really get confused then.... It's quite amazing the attention these two cars bring at any gathering. Most people hear about the the GN's but, are clueless about the history of the T/TA.

TT/Ameasap

Sold first TTA..... Bought built 86GN..... Sold GN..... Bought another TTA and never looked back. If every gn owner could take a ride in a TTA.....

Raymond Bunch

TTA #1416 / 1BADDAM
Thanks for posting up the videos. Looks like great fun!

... racin' in 4 lanes?
Where'd Race Legal think you were... Charlotte? :rolleyes:
Yeah, pretty fun. Iv'e Been going to RaceLegal for 13-14 years here in San Diego. They run 4 lanes, which is pretty cool.

The two far left lanes are for the faster cars. Believe it or not, there have been cars running as quick as 5.7X here on the parking lot! They should not go faster than 6.00, @115 but some do pushing the rules... :headbang:

The two near lanes obviously are not prepped and mainly for beginners, slower cars. People have hit the walls a few times. If people are destined to learn how to drive, they will learn very quick in these two lanes.

Raymond Bunch

TTA #1416 / 1BADDAM
Getting the car ready for Racelegal tomorrow night. Since my last outing, I've upgraded the rear gears to 3:45, installed 80# injectors, TT Alky Chip 23/21 with 25+ psi, Racetronix injector harness with booster, Razor Alky injection, AEM Wideband, Casper's Volt Booster, and Terry Houston Down Pipe with dump.

With a little patience with tuning, I'm shooting for 7.0-7.3 at 98 mph. Wish me luck, and I hope to have some videos too.

Getting the car ready for Racelegal tomorrow night. Since my last outing, I've upgraded the rear gears to 3:45, installed 80# injectors, TT Alky Chip 23/21 with 25+ psi, Racetronix injector harness with booster, Razor Alky injection, AEM Wideband, Casper's Volt Booster, and Terry Houston Down Pipe with dump.

With a little patience with tuning, I'm shooting for 7.0-7.3 at 98 mph. Wish me luck, and I hope to have some videos too.
Good Luck!:thumbup:

Side note: The Volt Booster will increase voltage to the alky pump then increasing pump speed, increasing amount of spray on = over rich condition.
May have to re-tune with this in consideration.

Raymond Bunch

TTA #1416 / 1BADDAM
Cool, thanks guys. I took the car for a spin earlier and it's running pig rich. O2's were like 870 :shock: Holy cow! Boost was still only at 20psi tho, so I'll throw more boost at it and see how the car responds. I will also probably do like I've done in the past and hook the violet wire up to a toggle switch. This should help out on my burnout/launch and not be such a dog off the line. I'll also play with the 1st gear fuel.

Unfortunately, I developed a whole in my radiator today during the test drive. Got another one on order and will pick it up tonight from auto zone. I will get'er installed first thing in the morning after dropping my kids off at school. Hopefully this will be the last of my problems....before going to race. :WOOT:

TTAstage2

We have had a fleet of Buicks and TTA's from 1986 to 2005 I think. Daughter still has a few. I just have hybrids now. I liked the TTAs better back then because nobody know what they were. Prob the most fun car I have ever owned up to now.. Now it's the Mazda.. Ugly looking car and driver. Having a blast with it now.

Mark T-TB

Car Crazy from birth
We have had a fleet of Buicks and TTA's from 1986 to 2005 I think. Daughter still has a few. I just have hybrids now. I liked the TTAs better back then because nobody know what they were. Prob the most fun car I have ever owned up to now.. Now it's the Mazda.. Ugly looking car and driver. Having a blast with it now.
... you'd better be careful posting pictures around of that blue car :D

Raymond Bunch

TTA #1416 / 1BADDAM
Thanks for sharing, Grumpy (Dan). Yeah, I've keep up on all your cars throughout the years. lol You have always made the most with less and still embarrassed many, many cars out there with high dollar engines, parts, etc. I really do like that RX7 you put the turbo engine into. That thing is the ultimate sleeper.

Top Bottom