Intercooler Scoop.

Does anyone have a picture of what the intercooler scoop and front spoiler are suppose to look like? The part that looks like it should go forward and attach to the spoiler bolts is wrapped around and stuck between the fan bracket and the intercooler. Is this some sort of performance trick that someone tried? I have a lot of engine rumble in the body of the car, I replaced the motor mounts and it didn't help much. The intercooler shroud rubbing against the fan bracket would probably do that.

8289ta

Silver Member
Post a pic of what is going on. Hard to make out the problem from your description. The intercooler shroud does not bolt to the deflector in front of it.
From your description, it sounds like someone bent up the shroud. You can get a new one from Car Motorsports.
CAR Motorsports: ,

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, mine looks nothing like that! I'll need to get it out of there to see if I can salvage it. Worst case, this gives me a $250 solution for the problem. I need to get the intercooler out of there anyway since it's plugged with grass, I'm sure the inside needs to be cleaned as well. I'll take some pictures, should be good for a laugh.

TTA984

Gold Member
You need to get rid of that horrid shroud. Take the intercooler off so you can clean it and run laquer thinner thru it till it is clear color and then flush it out with water and let it air dry. Put intercooler back on and paint it if you like and I hope you have a new shroud to put on it. Carmotorsports ones are nice!

Thanks TTA983, 8289TA turned me on to Carmotorssports and they do look nice. Not sure if I want to fabricate an over size scoop out of sheetmetal. The outside is 50% blocked with grass, I was going to use Purple Power to flush the inside, but, lacquer thinner would do a better job. I'll use Purple Power as a rinse and then flush with plenty of water.

Top Bottom