Another Wrecked Tta #1547

fbody4me

What a shame! And it only had 11k on the clock. Should be a lot of good parts on it. Hopefully the dumb ass who bought the last wrecked cloth car doesn't try to buy this one. Think I might bid on this one. You can never have too many TTA parts:D

dklumpp

I would love to bid on this car but I looked into it and you have to be a dealer or salvager to bid on this particular car. Any in the Detroit area?

fbody4me

Well I thought I won the auction for the TTA. The final bid was $3600. I just found out that the insurance company declined the sale. Isn't that a kick in the balls! Probably because "the dumb ass" just bought basically the same car with 6x the miles and spent over 8 grand for his.
Damn greedy insurance companies!!!

fbody4me

BTW it was going to be a parts car, although it did cross my mind to put cloth seats in it and try to flip it for 10 grand.:D

BOBTTA#464

I get a kick out of these "totaled salvage cars" bringing close to 10K as rebuilts, yet we just had a 50k miler last week, driving, great shape car sell for 15k....IDK

kidsixpack

Silver Member
Well I thought I won the auction for the TTA. The final bid was $3600. I just found out that the insurance company declined the sale. Isn't that a kick in the balls! Probably because "the dumb ass" just bought basically the same car with 6x the miles and spent over 8 grand for his.
Damn greedy insurance companies!!!
Were you bidding in person? I see you don't live far so I guess it's quite possible. I had a rep there to bid for me.
KID

dklumpp

BTW it was going to be a parts car, although it did cross my mind to put cloth seats in it and try to flip it for 10 grand.:D
I see the insurance company got killed on that they acv'd the car at 39500! I see why they want more money but doubt they will get it. If you do happen to buy it again let me know would be very interested in multiple parts not just little odds and ends but major parts. Thanks!

fbody4me

I would have liked to of been there but I don't have a salvage license. I used a salvage broker to bid for me. I really would of liked to look it over. I wonder if the windows are still down and if so did they seal them off with plastic? Doesn't look like you can get to the battery cables. Oh well I guess I really didn't need another car. I don't think I will bid on it again. The whole thing with the insurance company rejecting my bid kinda pisses me off especially seeing how my high bid was more than the $3600 it went for. I would of thought they would have came back with a price but no. I hope it goes for less money next time and someone on here gets it. But I guess they can always reject the bid again. Just doesn't make sense to me,surely they don't think someone is going to rebuild that mangled mess? That's definitely a parts car.

Top Bottom