Warning Buzzer Comes On When Dash Lights Are On. Please Help

Hello friends. I was having a problem with my 81 Turbo Trans Am and wondered if anyone ever solved the same issue or knew what might be the solution. What happens is when you pull out your headlight switch in either the Park Lights position or the Headlights position the warning buzzer comes on. If you turn the headlight switch counter clockwise so that the dash lights dim down to where they turn off, the buzzer goes off. Turn it clockwise and the buzzer comes back on again. I'm thinking that it's the headlight switch but just wanted to ask you good folks what you thought since it's not the easiest switch to get to. I know this is supposed to happen when the car is off and to let you know you left your lights on but it's doing this when I have the car running so I can't have my dash lights on without hearing the buzzing. Appreciate any help and many thanks in advance for your advise.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Big bracket just above your right hand knee when you sit in the driver seat ... if I remember correct you need a 7mm socket to release the bracket and it folds down and the big box (looks like a large size relay) there is the buzzer.

Big bracket just above your right hand knee when you sit in the driver seat ... if I remember correct you need a 7mm socket to release the bracket and it folds down and the big box (looks like a large size relay) there is the buzzer.
Yes I found it and disconnected the 2 wire plug going to it which has the orange and light green wire. All is fine now. My dash lights are even brighter now.

Top Bottom