My Tta And My Gn

michbc3

Interesting. Perhaps you were in the TurboBuick pack across the street from the Moose Preserve on Wednesday this past Summer? I was there with Glenn and his TTA - only one there. Some GN fans/spectators from Detroit had never heard of or seen a TTA before and wanted to buy it. Glenn said no. Then a guy in a deep voice said quite directly and assertively: "How much money will it take to MOVE you?" I thought that was the funniest way to say: "How much money do you really want for that car?" Detroit style! Turbo Buicks.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

kidsixpack

Silver Member
Yes I always hit the Wednesday turbo Buick gathering at the moose preserve. I usually take the TTA but not this year. I took the Bee. Always a great collection of turbo buicks. I've posted lots of pics in the past over in the general forum. I've only seen two other TTA''s at a time there. Seems that there has always been at least one. I met Scott Kelly a couple years back out on Woodward. I will look for my threads in the general section.
KID

michbc3

My brother owned a Super Bee just like that one. Big congratulations Kid. I know the feeling of accomplishment and relief. Up through 2012 I had 4 vehicles; two in Virginia and two stored in Michigan. But in early 2013 my custom home in Florida was completed and I was able to get everything in one place.

Are you still in Michigan? 5-8-2015 lifts.jpg

michbc3

Thanks for the complement Kid. It's not a commercial garage, but it's good enough for my hobbies - and way better than anything I've had before. When you mentioned that you moved, I thought that it might be out of state.

Interesting. Perhaps you were in the TurboBuick pack across the street from the Moose Preserve on Wednesday this past Summer? I was there with Glenn and his TTA - only one there. Some GN fans/spectators from Detroit had never heard of or seen a TTA before and wanted to buy it. Glenn said no. Then a guy in a deep voice said quite directly and assertively: "How much money will it take to MOVE you?" I thought that was the funniest way to say: "How much money do you really want for that car?" Detroit style! View attachment 7558
Yes I did stop by the Turbo meet on Wednesday this summer. When I was there there were two other TTA's.
KID

michbc3

Glad that you got to go. My summer "vacation" in Michigan this year didn't include much leisure time. I was working hard helping my brother move out of Lapeer. I didn't have time to stop at the Moose Preserve. Next year will be back to "normal" I think.

Top Bottom