Search results

1. SouthBaySurfer

? About the rims?

I believe they are clear coated when new. Some people remove the clear coat and polish the aluminum. The problem with that is that unless it is coated again, they will oxidize over time and require periodic re-polishing.
  2. SouthBaySurfer

59 mile TTA

$50k?
  3. SouthBaySurfer

Thinking Of Selling #76

If you're in no hurry, start high; maybe $38 or $39k. Whatever offers you get may give you an idea of where the market for it is. Also, there's one going at Barret-Jackson soon.
  4. SouthBaySurfer

Own a festival car - want a copy of the original sign out sheet?

My car(#14) was assigned to Bob Lamey, a long-time sportscaster from Indianapolis known as the "Voice of the Colts". He made the news last month by getting fired for making insensitive comments.
  5. SouthBaySurfer

Turbo

This site is mainly about the 1989 V6 Turbo Trans Am, a totally different animal than your car. I would suggest a search for "1981 Turbo Trans Am" to find an answer to your question.
  6. SouthBaySurfer

Get your Turbo Trans AM polo/golf shirts!

Twelve year old thread.
  7. SouthBaySurfer

Tta 258 For Sale In Charlotte, Nc Area.....6k Original Miles...$35,900 Sold

Congrats on the sale. Where in NY will it be going to?
  8. SouthBaySurfer

Someone Has Wrong Car Number Build

Previous owner maybe. The registry shows quite a few cars with more than one owner. When a car gets sold the last owner's name usually doesn't get dropped from the list. My car still shows my name and two previous owners, as well.
  9. SouthBaySurfer

Parade Car On Ebay

Good question. As far as I know, all the Parade Cars at Indy were Festival Cars, and all Festival Cars had cloth interiors. This one is leather.
  10. SouthBaySurfer

Car And Driver Mentions The Tta

I don't think so. Only one paragraph per car. Shows price range of $14k to $40k.
  11. SouthBaySurfer

Car And Driver Mentions The Tta

The June issue of Car and Driver lists twelve cars they consider the next generation of collectibles. Among them was the 1989 20th Anniversary Trans Am. They say "Expect a breakout as values pass $40,000". Nice.
  12. SouthBaySurfer

plug wires

I bought a set from Rock Auto a few years ago for around $15; same part number, but no TTA lettering on them. I figure the empty box is worth what I paid.
  13. SouthBaySurfer

Hard Top Leather For Sale In Germany Redone. Not Mine, But Interesting

I'm not sure a dealer would buy it sight unseen, but they would broker the car for you- for a fee.
  14. SouthBaySurfer

Theeeee Barn find from michigan

Approximately how much will the seller net? Maybe 33k?
  15. SouthBaySurfer

What Plate Looks Better On The Tta

That's why I posted it. I wonder what vehicles they were assigned to.
  16. SouthBaySurfer

What Plate Looks Better On The Tta

Here's mine
  17. SouthBaySurfer

Speaking Of Stickers....need Measurements

I just went out and measured mine. Decal is 6 inches back from door edge. Bottom of letters are an inch and a half above the molding. This is from #14, a Festival Car. From all the pictures I've seen, the Festival Cars came off the truck with the decals on them, so I figure PAS probably...
  18. SouthBaySurfer

Spark Plug Wires

I found a set of the ones with no lettering on Rock Auto about 2 years ago on close-out for less than $15. I kept the box for the original set.
  19. SouthBaySurfer

Top Down Solutions-aaa+++

It's not the first time I've dealt with them, but I was very pleased with the product and the fast shipping. I placed the order Monday afternoon, and it arrived Wednesday morning- from California to New York. BTW, for those who are curious, I got the headlight repair kit. Thanks to TDS.
Top Bottom