1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

100th Anniversary Of Indy 500 Show May 20-22 2016

Discussion in 'Car Shows & Up Coming Events' started by Mike Arrigo, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Mike Arrigo

Mike Arrigo Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone else got the letter and are planning on attending this year? They cashed my check, so I am guessing they are accepting my car in the show. It was awesome back in 2011 when I went for the 100th year, this will be the 100th running of the Indy 500.

2. Mike Arrigo

Here is the letter I received

Attached Files:

3. TeeTopZ

TeeTopZ Well-Known Member

How did you get that letter? As a side note, I have a friend that went in 2011 with his 1980 TA pace car and said it was a great time

4. Mike Arrigo

I went to the one back in 2011 and they sent me this letter I am guessing since I went back then. It was a great time and I met tons of drivers in the pits. Not sure how many of each year they will be accepting, but it would be awesome to have a bunch of TTA's show up. :)

5. Mark T-TB

Mark T-TB Car Crazy from birth

No letter here.
    I did see something about the gathering of Pace Cars elsewhere, made me wonder how many cars they might get in total?
    Sounds like it would be something really great to attend :cool:, the Speedway is going to push like crazy on this 100th Running.

6. w_mcvicker

w_mcvicker Well-Known Member

Very cool!

7. Mike Arrigo

You should go, call them up or send a letter and see what happens. The address is on top, just add pictures and a description of the car.

8. ttravdaddy

ttravdaddy

I'm very interested in this event. My father has the '89 TTA Pace Car #736 and wants to bring his to the event. Just heard of it today. Can anyone forward information?

9. Mike Arrigo

This is what I received so far, so maybe try calling Dianna.

Dear Mr. Arrigo,

The Pace Car Reunion selection committee is pleased to inform you your 1989 Pontiac Trans AM pace car has been selected to display at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on May 21-22 (arrival on Friday, May 20) for the 2016 Indy 500 Pace Car Reunion. Additional information will be mailed out in March.

Please feel free to contact me at (317) 492-6746 or email at [email protected].

Respectfully,
    Dianna

Dianna Crain

Administrative Assistant

Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum

4790 W. 16th Street

Indianapolis, IN 46222

(317) 492-6746

(317) 492-6449 – fax

Email: [email protected]