19,000 mile TTA on BAT

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
And it was originally owned and ordered by BOC in flint michigan and used as a reference car for the engineering team behind the TTA engine .... not a very know fact but glad it’s still around

kidsixpack

Silver Member
I was very interested in the car and it sold for a decent price. I’d be replacing my t-top leather car with the solid roof car. I love the rarity but my current car seems to be a nicer example.
KID

JoeSketti

I am the lucky buyer. Back in the 90s I owned 4 GNs at the same time and GNX418. I then bought a 9,000 mile TTA #1350 and a built TTA that ran 10.60s. It has been a while and I decided to find another when I literally stumbled on #18 hardtop. I will have possession Thursday. Jan, I plan to get with you and document what we can. I also plan to give it the TLC it needs. There is more to the story....will follow soon. (hint: twin cars)

kidsixpack

Silver Member
Wow! Congratulations! Joe great story! Definitely not new to these cars! You’ve had quite a few. Looking forward to more info. One of the few reasonably priced cars of interest to sell on BAT. I’d love to se pics of your stuff if you can.
KID

JoeSketti

The 58 Biscayne is a tribute to my mother. She raced a 58 Impala in NY when I was just born 1966. She died of cancer in December 2019 right after I bought it. She did get to ride in it once. It has a fully built 1965 409 in it. Thumper Cam, Borg Warner Fully Synced Super T10 4 Speed. It is in the shop now getting twin Holley Sniper Fuel Injection, Full Sniper Ignition and Distributor. Black Front Runner Kit. Vintage Air, Power Steering.

The engine pic is before the new Dual Quad build.

Attachments

Oh boy! Fun stuff! Very interesting and diverse collection! I like everything too so I get the diversity. My condolences on your mother. At least she did get a ride in the 58! That’s great! I love the rarity of the formula 350. You don’t see to many. I really dig the unique wheels on the chevys. Different and cool! I’m in the Detroit area too. Thanks a lot for the deets!
KID

JoeSketti

They say #18 wing is still perfect. Not sure how but does look nice in pics. I will know Thursday. Driver seat bolster needs help. You guys ever replace, repair, etc. ?

JoeSketti

Picking up a 50,000 mile 91 TA Convertible next week. Manufacturer's rep car for a while. Black/Black TPI 5-Speed. Highly documented. Going to be a fun car! I've been on a Pontiac kick for a couple months.

Attachments

JoeSketti

So, the bolster on the TTA is not that bad but does need some TLC. No cracks just worn. My wife has a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible that the steering wheel and seat needed the same attention 8 years ago. I had forgotten that I found an "airbrush" guy that completely repaired the Chrysler. I contacted him and Tuesday, he feels confident he can make the bolster look new and last for many years. He sprays liquid vinyl the matching color of the car. I looked at the Crossfire again this morning and you cannot tell it was done. SO, I hope this fixes my TTA. Pics to follow.

JoeSketti

Also, I rebuilt the headlight motors adding new pellets. The antenna worked once LOL the first time I turned on the radio. I bought an original GM mast and repaired the antenna. WOWW that was a job to get out. The only other thing I have had to do was replace the hood and trunk struts. I plan to have some "wheel" fun with the Formula, TA convertible, and the TTA. I am buying a set of Hawks 17" Black mesh to swap around.

kidsixpack

Silver Member
Sounds like you’re enjoying the car quite a bit! Very cool. I need to do my headlight motor on one side. I love the idea of spraying the bolster. I’ve heard of it before.
looking forward to seeing your new wheels. Keep the updates coming!
KID

JoeSketti

So, the bolster on the TTA is not that bad but does need some TLC. No cracks just worn. My wife has a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible that the steering wheel and seat needed the same attention 8 years ago. I had forgotten that I found an "airbrush" guy that completely repaired the Chrysler. I contacted him and Tuesday, he feels confident he can make the bolster look new and last for many years. He sprays liquid vinyl the matching color of the car. I looked at the Crossfire again this morning and you cannot tell it was done. SO, I hope this fixes my TTA. Pics to follow.

Top Bottom