19,000 mile TTA on BAT

JoeSketti

Well guys...I told you there was more to the story! After I bought #18 BOC car, I found out the guy has a brother that ALSO at the same time bought #1518 from the same dealer. It was also a BRASS HAT car. They have owned them for 30 years. They showed them together and in their 70s now, sold them each to me. I have ALL docs and tons of memorabilia and info for them. I promised the brothers they will not be separated. #1518 has lexan T-tops, original gatorbacks and 22,000 miles. It is one of the cleanest I have ever seen. #18 is just as flawless and rare. The first pic is of the brothers right after they bought them in 1991 from the same dealer.

Attachments

JoeSketti

Me picking up 1518 yesterday after waiting 3 months from payment due to bad weather in Northern Illinois. This car was the love of Norman and Rita's life. I am proud they let me have 1518 to put with his brother's 18 car. I will upload pics soon of the car reunion! I am so excited.

Attachments

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
That is really cool! Nice pair. Would love to learn more about the documentation you got with the cars if you are ok to share!

JoeSketti

I added a non-firechicken to the mix last week. I stumbled on a 1988 Iroc Convertible less than three hours from home. Custom ordered, every performance option and rare color combo. One-owner, ceramic coated, 58,000 miles. I could not believe the condition of the car. Had to bring it back.

Attachments

JoeSketti

Hey guys...A couple things to mention. First, I tripped up on another 1990 Formula 32,000 Miles, 305TPI Brilliant Red Metallic/Beechwood Cloth car...pics soon!

Second, I have seen discussion about the door handle domed decals that years ago were available. I decided to design them and make them myself. Here are some pics. I am selling a set for $29.95 plus shipping to anywhere in the world. Let me know what you think. These are on my T-Top 1518 car now. They are very high resolution. You can even read the shield logo details. The pics here do not do them justice.

Jan, can you post this in the appropriate place on our forum for me please? Or advise placement?

Attachments

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys...A couple things to mention. First, I tripped up on another 1990 Formula 32,000 Miles, 305TPI Brilliant Red Metallic/Beechwood Cloth car...pics soon!

Second, I have seen discussion about the door handle domed decals that years ago were available. I decided to design them and make them myself. Here are some pics. I am selling a set for $29.95 plus shipping to anywhere in the world. Let me know what you think. These are on my T-Top 1518 car now. They are very high resolution. You can even read the shield logo details. The pics here do not do them justice.

Jan, can you post this in the appropriate place on our forum for me please? Or advise placement?
Hi Joe, post it up in the for sale section on here!

Really nice looking Formula Joe! Rare color for sure! I’ve always been a big fan of the formulas. Very clean body style without all the cladding.
KID

TTA#299

Biscane is not impla money sold my 64 ss 372 fac ac ps tilt steriing 300 hp fac 2 speed glide had it since 96 put 60 k miles on it

Last edited:

TTA#299

I am the lucky buyer. Back in the 90s I owned 4 GNs at the same time and GNX418. I then bought a 9,000 mile TTA #1350 and a built TTA that ran 10.60s. It has been a while and I decided to find another when I literally stumbled on #18 hardtop. I will have possession Thursday. Jan, I plan to get with you and document what we can. I also plan to give it the TLC it needs. There is more to the story....will follow soon. (hint: twin cars)
I ran 10,97 stock long block gn Witj Eric’s chip an scabmaster

TTA#299

The 58 Biscayne is a tribute to my mother. She raced a 58 Impala in NY when I was just born 1966. She died of cancer in December 2019 right after I bought it. She did get to ride in it once. It has a fully built 1965 409 in it. Thumper Cam, Borg Warner Fully Synced Super T10 4 Speed. It is in the shop now getting twin Holley Sniper Fuel Injection, Full Sniper Ignition and Distributor. Black Front Runner Kit. Vintage Air, Power Steering.

The engine pic is before the new Dual Quad build.
It’s what it is it much money now

Top Bottom