1989 Gta Trans Am Rear Hatch Wing Spoiler

TURBOGTA

I'm getting a GTA Trans Am this weekend. Rear GTA wing looks perfect no cracks and it's white. I do not need the rear hatch/wing
$500 pick up as shipping would be cost prohibitive and damage to wing is sure to happen
PM for more info
In Illinois

fbody4me

Where about are you in Illinois? I might be able to do a road trip depending on your location. Would you consider just selling the spoiler? Have you looked it over yet?

TURBOGTA

It will be here tomorrow. I will look it over and post pics…you can buy the spoiler or with hatch. I do not need either…It's white so chances are you can get away with just installing and maybe paint later...

TURBOGTA

Car is here…Just in case It wasn't clear I'm selling it for $500 with or without hatch attached. It's a original GM wing not aftermarket crap that's $479. and you need to paint it. The difference between the two is something people who replace the rear wing and use an aftermarket, the original ones, no matter how crappy the design, was heavier for a reason, down force, if you think a fiberglass replacement sold by mister know it all who cares about these cars and you…then go buy one from him. This one is original GM and it's $500 or I'll keep it stored in case I ever need a correct wing for another car.

Last edited:
Hmm.. that's a interesting theory you have there, you should contact Porsche and all the other super-car manufacturers and let them know about that design flaw on their cars.. the rear spoiler is too light...:rolleyes:

TURBOGTA

Well 1st off were talking about a Pontiac Trans AM/GTA not a Porsche which is a lighter car, also the body is formed much differently then a Pontiac Firebird. I've actually researched and asked people in the industry, such as Dennis Mecham MSE TA; I've done tests with my own car removing the factory GTA wing and installed different versions in size & weight. I've also tested it with no wing at all as directed by others who actually do this kind of stuff for a living. I've consulted Porsche engineers and others but since you brought up Porsche that's why I included it in my response. The original wing used on TA/GTA is constructed for a purpose. To provide the force needed and the cost effectiveness which usually where GM drops the ball. The MSE wing which I've used and tested by Dennis Mecham is constructed better, bigger and wider for more down force and has weight too…unlike the repro fiberglass ones produced.
So unless you'd like to buy the one I have I suggest you spare your sarcastic comments and not reply at all to my post

TURBOGTA

Another reason I haven't been on forums and sites lately…too many people who know everything and all they can do is make a comment usually negative, derogatory or really nothing that backs their claim. That's another thing I've learned from people in the industry, engineers, designers, fabricators…alot if not all of them don't post things on forums and websites because the onslaught of comments (not worth responding too) are endless.

Last edited:
Lou - why do your posts always wind up hostile? It could be here or on TGO. They always go south.
not replying to you, someone who doesn't want it but has something to say about it
While I agree with not stirring up things in sales posts, you did open yourself up with the diatribe on the spoiler rather than just saying it was a stock one for sale. I did not see anyone posting anything before your original vent.

Top Bottom