2019 30th Anniversary Meet @ Indy

Coltsfan1

As We all know next year will be our 30th Anniversary for the cars we all love. With that being said there has been alot of talk about a get together but nobody taking a lead. So with that being said I have decided to fall on the grenade so to speak. I have recently been in contact with the staff at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It is only the beginning stages but it looks VERY promising for May/June of 2019. I would like everyone's opinion incase we are given options.....would you rather have a show on a date of a bigger event that would probably not get us on the track? or a smaller venue like a time trial weekend that we would have more of a chance getting in the track and getting photos? Personally I would rather be attached to a smaller venue that would allow us to get on the track. Plus I don't see many race fans looking at 40+ of the same cars. I think this would be more geared towards TTA owners getting togeather and hanging out. Mike Arrigo has volunteered to assist in this mission. Please be patient as this is the beginning stages.
if you have any ideas or thoughts please feel free to call me 815 695 5290
Thanks Chad

DynoDave

I'm not a TTA owner, so I don't get a vote. But I will say, that if you appreciate Indy history (as I'm assuming most TTA owners do), then taking a lap around that track in your own car is something you will remember with a smile on your face until the day you die. My oldest brother and I got to lap Indy back in the '80s during the Car Craft Street Machine Nationals. Very memorable.

I finally bought my first TTA new to this car but not that new as I currently own an 87 Grand National. I would be interested in a 30yr reunion I don’t have FB so please keep this post with updates thanks...

Coltsfan1

I've had several conversations with IMS and May is probably not an option. We are looking at the first 2 weeks of June. I have not got a specific date yet. I will keep everyone up to date as soon as I know.

It would be awesome if this could happen. I was at the Pace Car Reunion in 2016. The Museum did a GREAT job putting it on and there was no feeling like doing a lap driving your own car!! Thanks for the heads up! Please keep the info coming as it develops.

Mike Arrigo

I think Indy wants a lot of money for us to drive around the track, about $3500 which wouldn't be bad if we had 100 cars show up at $35 each. Hmmmm

Mike Arrigo

We are now talking to the guys that run the TA Nationals in August, since INDY seems to be wanting way too much money and the event at Indy wouldn't be during any cool events going on. Please feel free to interject if anyone has any other ideas.

DynoDave

The T/A Nationals is a great event, and we plan to be there next year. I'd love to see a large TTA contingent in attendance.

Top Bottom