1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

#5 Pilot Car

Discussion in 'Cars for Sale' started by clarkbuys, Mar 29, 2016.

1. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

^^^^^^^
    That's the crazy part...any other car but a tta would 30k be considered high miles.

2. Mark T-TB

Mark T-TB Car Crazy from birth

Fwiw - One of the guys over on the turbo Buick forum gave a first-hand report from the auction. He thought that the car looked like a "high mileage" piece, was not at all impressed.

3. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

Don't get me wrong i'm not trying to defend this car BUT, i have seen less miles with more wear... the best TTA i owned had the most mile's, but only one owner... all the OP had to do was post pic's to get a idea of how to fine-tune his car in all aspect's... it's all in the details which he does not know.

4. 2QUIK6

2QUIK6 Well-Known Member

I am amazed at how sellers do not pay attention to details when they get their cars ready for presentation at big auctions. Barret Jackson, supposedly the creme deal creme of nice cars...some look very nice on TV, but the sellers did not pay attention to details that could have brought a lot more for them. The GNX at Scottsdale, you couldn't tell on TV that the cowl below the windshield looked like it had been spray painted the wrong color with runs in it..or that the AC had been converted to 134a with the wrong color valve caps, and then folks wonder why a lower mileage car didn't bring more money than the one in West Palm with a few hundred more miles..both still with under a 1000 miles. I don't know about Pilot#5 as I did not see it in person, put it looked like it could have been cared and prepped a little better from what was shown in the pics...and the right angle pics and contrast will help sell the car online also. Maybe petter pics would have made more interested parties go to the auction to see in person and bid.

DaveGershon likes this.
  5. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

Well said Rob..people just don't understand that you just can't own a tta, you have to know it , inside and out ( or at least be willing to learn) and it's not hard to see who does and who don't... i have been lucky to have broke even on the tta's i have owned.... but at least i know what i'm looking at.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    DaveGershon and 2QUIK6 like this.
  6. 2QUIK6

2QUIK6 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think a lot of folks just "stumble" upon a car at the right time or inherit them and are not really "car" people so they don't have a clue what real "car" people are looking for or how to present it. The GNX was just one example that most all on here could relate closely to, but there were dozens of examples like that at BJ. Hell when I was looking for a 10th Annv TA, I ran across one and they guy didn't know jack about the car..it was like he didn't even own it or was selling it for a friend or something, could barely spell "car" much less even know what motor was under the hood..lol

7. lumarkhood

lumarkhood Active Member

Thanks for all of the posts here. I vaguely remember a guy who owned a prototype coming on here and raising a bunch of ruckus a few years ago. Glad the owner now knows what the car was worth that day...at that auction.

The TTA is a special car. I hope a true TTA enthusiast winds up with this prototype car at some point.

8. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

^^^^^^^
    Well if you are trying to flip a car this is not the one.. yet... but the bottom line is you HAVE to know what you are looking at and talking about, not saying you don't but there are a lot that don't have a clue.

9. 8289ta

8289ta Silver Member

10. Coltsfan1

Coltsfan1 Well-Known Member

Lmao. This guy is a clown. Won't meet reserve because he thinks it worth a million dollars.

11. lumarkhood

lumarkhood Active Member

It will be fun to see how high it goes. Like others, it is surprising to see how many miles it has.

Any opinions as to to what price it will see in the auction?

12. DynoDave

DynoDave Well-Known Member

Couple of questions for you all...still learning about these.

Is this a LOT of wear to the black surface of the lock cylinder? Ad says 30k miles, mine has 57k and is in far better shape.

[​IMG]

Also, did the cargo covers not come in a matching tan color? My interior is grey, so I never thought about it much. Were they all black of grey? (Mine's vinyl, this looks like cloth?)

[​IMG]

13. Jan Larsson

Jan Larsson Super Moderator Staff Member

The door lock bezel do wear out quickly with normal wear and tear unfortunately so not un normal.

The cargo covers only came in that one color

14. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

26k... if he's lucky

15. fbody4me

fbody4me Active Member

I cringed when i seen how the car was lifted on the 4 post:eek:. Bet those fenders are bowed out at the bottom. I still would love to own it but I do agree with Coltsfan1, I think he thinks the car is worth way more than it actually is.
    s-l1600 (1).jpg

16. 2QUIK6

2QUIK6 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, they really missed getting the lift pads in the right spot where it's reinforced both front and back, ouch!

17. DynoDave

DynoDave Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply Jan.

I guess I've been lucky with my lock covers. 1 year older, and with more miles, mine are only mildly scratched up.

18. Coltsfan1

What this bid get too??????

19. lumarkhood

lumarkhood Active Member

$30,100.00, with less than 24 hours remaining.

20. dlee63

dlee63 Active Member

$42,900 'Buy it Now' price - will see if he re-list.

21. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

Seller ended because a error in the listing...:rolleyes: he should lifted the reserve.. 31k is strong money for that car.

22. Phil Leinbach

Phil Leinbach Active Member

I'm sure that bidder would have been disappointed with it at that price.

23. Coltsfan1

Lmao. Pulled it because of an error. This dude is a douche bag. Been playing with this car and everybody he has contact with....especially on this sight. He's been "trying" to sell this "gem" for years. It's not worth 30k by any means. Crappy pictures, lifted wrong on a lift, dirty undercarriage and pulled because error lmao. Pulled because he finally realized this car isn't worth anything close to what he thinks. I was hoping it would sell so we don't have to keep seeing this clown every other year trying to sell this thing. Put plates on it and use it as a daily driver to work......