1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

A/c Compressor

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kwiktsi, Oct 20, 2016.

1. kwiktsi

kwiktsi Well-Known Member

My car is in need of a compressor. I found one post here with a link on changing it but the link was dead. What compressor fits this car? I was told it was the same as the GN, then when my friend called his supplier, they said it was different. Any info on what to use? I can get a new AC Delco for a GN from highway stars for $239. Thanks.

2. Jan Larsson

Jan Larsson Super Moderator Staff Member

We posted all the info on here if you do a search; the pulley on ours are unique so make sure you keep your OEM one if you replace it .... if you can't find the post I can pull out the delco part number to get as I replaced mine as well .... however I'm away for the next week so have to be when I'm back home again

3. kwiktsi

kwiktsi Well-Known Member

I found it earlier. For some reason, when I was clicking on links that you had given others in their posts, they were coming up 404 but if I clicked the same thread title in the search, it was working. I saw the stuff about the different pulleys, but will the gn compressor plug and play without changing to the ta pulley? Need to get a new compressor and get my lines redone as well... Thanks.
    Joe

4. Jan Larsson

Jan Larsson Super Moderator Staff Member

Many links where broken when transitioning to the new forum software I suspect; but that's a good workaround you found.

I never swapped thebpulley around and just run that delco compressor with no issues.

We weee told the pulley were to balance out vibrations or similar but I asked bill Owen about it a couple of years back and he never heard that before and didn't think it had anything to do with vibrations or anything else or he would have known.

So yes bolts right in there.

kwiktsi likes this.
  5. instro84

instro84 Active Member

i got a new one from rock auto had the correct size pull and works great

kwiktsi likes this.