Another TTA "collectible" question

2QUIK6

So the 2 pedal cars are in bed together, that's how he's getting all those collectibles..lol Awesome items, my wife would kill me if I had all that!

kymmee

Silver Member
OK, I am confused. Did you get all this stuff from the guy who sold the coffee stained jacket? I do not see any hidden message in the original ebay listing. Inquiring minds want to know. Nice collection
I'm confused too. I started this thread asking about the TTA tumblers. Wasn't trying to start a flame war or anything. :DontGetIt:

TURBOGTA

Hey Simo
We've talked about this before, if you look at pic of both pedal TTA's notice the decal placement on them...Kool though. Where do you sleep now?

simo

OK, I am confused. Did you get all this stuff from the guy who sold the coffee stained jacket? I do not see any hidden message in the original ebay listing. Inquiring minds want to know. Nice collection
The hidden message was he was an original owner and selling his first item on ebay. ie Zero Feedback

I thought if it was me I would test my first ebay sale with one of my lesser items.

Original owners like me, tend to collect everything they can for in regards to memorabilia, spare parts, lots of photos.

So I contacted him and he sent me his phone number and we talked about my Trans Am collection and his 20th and that I collect everything under the sun for my cars and have never sold anything that I have purchased since 1983. We hit it off pretty well.

After I won the jacket I paid immediately and made a nice thank you note in the paypal message area and sent him an email with photos of my Trans Am collection.

I guess it was the next day he sent me an email after he had talked to his wife and they decided that I would be the right person to acquire his entire collection he had built. If there would have been a Buy-It-Now buyer they would have acquired the collection.

When I first contacted him I did not ask him to see what else he planned to sell as I know if someone asked me that I would be turned off and think that they were just a reseller/gold digger and not a Trans Am fanatic.

So yes everything was from him.

In regards to "
[FONT=&quot]Can't see the forest for the trees.............." means that all everyone else saw was a stained jacket and that was it, while I saw an original owner that I just wanted to meet and find out about his time and experience with his Turbo Trans Am and if he was a car collector like me. His stories on the whole Turbo Trans Am time frame was very very rewarding.

You would be surprised about how many people that I have meet that were part of Pontiac, Pontiac Racing, Pontiac's Ad Agency, Indy Curator and other Trans Am Collectors by just following up with a nice note and an email with my car collection. They all have sent me different things over the years that relates to my collection.
[/FONT]

simo

I'm confused too. I started this thread asking about the TTA tumblers. Wasn't trying to start a flame war or anything. :DontGetIt:
I don't think that there is any real flaming here.

Since we have been talking about collectibles and values, what you think is cheezy and what not:
The conversation went from glasses, to jackets and to diecast.

I like the glasses, I like wearing the jackets when I take my TTA out and I have been into diecast since 1968.

Turbota6

Once upon a time, I had a similar story. An original TTA owner had sold his car but not his collection of memorabilia. Back before many of us were on eBay or this forum existed, I was given a tip by another TTA owner. An inventory list was forwarded via e-mail but the price was a bit out of my budget at the time. The ad, then posted on some other forum, then disappeared. Some months, or maybe even a year later, the ad resurfaced elsewhere. This time the price was lowered and I contacted the owner immediately. We talked on the phone and struck a deal as long as the logistics could be worked out. Location was a bit of a factor with the collection residing around the D.C. area and I was living in Chicago. I struck a deal with a friend to make a road trip in his minivan and finalized the purchase. To give you an idea of how big this collection was the only seats in my friend's Dodge Caravan were the two front seats. The rest of the van was completely filled with the collection. It also happened to be August when we made the trip and I arranged to stop at the TA Nationals in Dayton on the way back. Back when we had mailing lists I had arranged to sell a few of the duplicates to help recoop some of the costs of the trip. It was a great experience even though it was a long road trip. In addition to what I was already collecting, and what I added later, the collection kept growing. I didn't plan on parting with the collection while I still owned the car. In fact, I kept much of the collection until after I sold the car. Many of you now own bits and pieces of that collection and that's how it should be. I still have a couple more things I haven't parted with yet and more books, magazines, and articles that I haven't sorted thru. Eventually, it will all go. I mean, it's been over 8 years since I sold the car and I'm still hanging around this forum! :eeks:

nomrlz

glad you got what you feel is a great deal. awesome you got tons more stuff to add to your collection. I've never been a collector and am more of a user. I might pay a lil price for stuff to sit around but not the high prices they command for stuff. the only thing I've considered adding to our collection is a 30th anni trans am to keep the 20th company.

kymmee

Silver Member
Thank you for explaining things, Simo. I'm glad the seller decided to pass the torch with his TTA items to you. Good to know it went to a true collector. As for the hidden message, zero feedback can be interpreted in different ways. For every good ebay seller, there are 5 deceptive ones. You took a chance by telling him some personal info and it payed off. I would have been more reserved, but that is just me. I do like some of the collectibles, but its all about cars for me-the more the better.

simo

Thank you for explaining things, Simo. I'm glad the seller decided to pass the torch with his TTA items to you. Good to know it went to a true collector. As for the hidden message, zero feedback can be interpreted in different ways. For every good ebay seller, there are 5 deceptive ones. You took a chance by telling him some personal info and it payed off. I would have been more reserved, but that is just me. I do like some of the collectibles, but its all about cars for me-the more the better.
Yes Kymmee that was a small factor in my contacting him in the first place to get a feeling whether that is good or bad.
Since there has been quite a few jackets that have sold in the last four months, you never know.
We have a lot of things in common so that was refreshing.
ebay along with paypal have a great policy for not receiving the tendered items of the sale and when I have used it in the past it has served me well.

Top Bottom