Anyone Else Have This In Headlights?

Coltsfan1

Ok last weekend decided to tackle the dreaded headlight fix. Ordered my repair kit from TDS. Before I started I heard some stories on how others had theirs "fixed" in the past. I have to say I was quite shocked to see how mine were fixed. It was a rock-hard glue-caulk material. I held the gear by my bullet heater to get it soft so I could remove it. Repair kit went in fine and after cleaning the contacts on the headlight switch they operate flawlessly. Here r a few pics Screenshot_20170101-225015.png

Mark T-TB

Car Crazy from birth
nice work Chad.
That looks like the previous owner did some serious "red neck engineering" there :confused:

All that I found inside of mine was white "powder"... also broke the heads off of several screws during dis-assy etc., thus ended up with rebuilt units.

kidsixpack

Silver Member
So far my cars been good. Antenna too. That gear set up looks exactly like the one I just replaced on my garage door opener.
KID

fbody4me

Never seen that fix before:). The last set I rebuilt had hex nuts installed! Don't know why people can't fix things right the first time and be done with it.

Top Bottom