1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

Anyone Heading To Barret-jackson In Scottsdale Next Month?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 2QUIK6, Dec 21, 2016.

1. 2QUIK6

2QUIK6 Well-Known Member

A group Turbo Buick friends and I are heading there again this year, will be my 3rd year in a row. Wondering if anyone else was going? We determined it was a better deal to get a bidders pass and several guest passes since 3 days admission will cost you $160 and each pass comes with several free drinks per day each at $10 a beer...came out to $250 person and the passes get you into all of the VIP areas and most of all access to seats in the main auction area! We would have spent that each anyway! We will be there Thursday through Saturday, see ya there or look for us on TV!

Jan Larsson likes this.
  2. jarredsoon

jarredsoon Silver Member

Hah ha ha that's great that you are headed back again Rob. My father and uncle and I were talking about going but I think that is all it will amount to. I do enjoy the car auctions, and it would be cool to hang with some turbo buick guys, My uncle had a GN back in the day and would race it, he even had it in a movie, I think it was one of the preditor movies.

3. Mark T-TB

Mark T-TB Car Crazy from birth

Have fun!
    Your "reports" from other years have been both educational and entertaining :rolleyes: - I'm looking forward to this year's version. Thanks.

4. 2QUIK6

2QUIK6 Well-Known Member

Educational?? LOL Probably "what not to do" :) Mostly entertaining and lots of beer drinking...we have full access to get up n the block this year so watch for some middle aged guys stumbling around up there lol. We talked about all of us wearing some '80s Hair metal concert shirts up on the block one day, Iron Maiden, MegaDeth, Armored Saint, Saxon etc are several recent ones I have since mine from the '80s don't fit anymore :( We figured the Ted Nugent shirt would get us kicked since it has vulger words on it.
    Jarred, it's not too late to come. I was actually surprised how much fun I had the first time I went, thinking it would be a bore after a while, but there is so much going on everywhere and outside, its the worlds biggest car show! ...and getting to meet Christie Lee over and over lol. That's cool about your uncle's GN, will have to look that up.

5. Mark T-TB

Mark T-TB Car Crazy from birth

Definitely educational - for example, where else was I gonna see those great pix of Farrah's 'Vette?? :eek:

2QUIK6 likes this.
  6. 2QUIK6

2QUIK6 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah that was horrendous, or the camper truck that Steve McQueen owned!