Chadstta (resto)

ChadsTTA

Well I got this TTA a few weeks ago,needs some work but its worthy of it. so it begins,ill post pics has its happining..heres the worst part

I took the seats out, Sent them to get redone, had the interior steam cleaned, seats should be done soon..
next problem..the hood wont close proper..looks like the upgraded 3 inch pipes hit the skeleton of the hood..notice the gap

Ok,so here the question..Ive had a steath ram intake on a GTA before,and I know I can cut the skeleton of the hood to get it to close proper..I had to do it on my stealth ram car.. this car has been modified with a larger intercooler has you see the cut out section with the intercooler popping out..maybe the previous owner liked the hood being propped up to feed it cool air?..Idk,But i need to find a visually appealing solution.

Notice the intercooler,under hood latch.

So,here my thoughts..Its a good set up,it runs hard..What If i Do a ram air hood? Like pollymotorsport,His car is beast,and Honestly,I like that hood on His car.

But,Im a true Car guy,And have a conflict with modding a 89 TTA..however This TTA is already modded,and the hood is not original..So I really wouldnt be degrading the car,and I think I can make it funtional,to the point of ramming fresh air into the intercooler..Idk what to do yet,but I am set on a fiber glass rear wing.

Last edited:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
That will be a really nice car when you are done. With the seats done and your steam clean the interior will look like a new car good job !

For the hood ... is there clearance between the up-pipe and the MAF pipe? If so can you shorten the up-pipe at the IC to lower it slightly?

Or do you have a space between the doghouse and the plenum making the whole setup sit high? Should only raise it about 1/2" if you do so should not cause a clearance problem really.

1tufam

It may have an aftermarket plenum installed on the car. I recall seeing one that was taller or had a different angle. This would not be a problem on the GN with extra room under those big, black, beautiful hoods.

ChadsTTA

I played with it a bit today,I can figure out what its hitting,I layed tape upside down on the highest components and nothing..idk..heres a pic of what im dealing with

Its not terrible,but I like perfect..Im really considering a ram air hood,like the pic i posted earlier..how do you guys feel about that?

Last edited:
Search aroud the interweb, I've seen one with that type of ramair hood. Or it may have been a T/A turbo clone. I like the hood if it fits right.

That interior is F***ed!, but it has allotta of potential, especially with the bigger front mount intercooler. Keep posting pics as you go.

Last edited:

dwhess504

Since it is already cutout for the intercooler, Mod it as you see fit. I would like a TTA to play with and not worry about mods etc...

ChadsTTA

Well to be honest, I like this,Id like the front end cut open for the intercooler...Id also like his hood and intake set up..Im either gona go all out or..I have a few offers and Ill let some one else worry about it.

Back to realiy..Heres The interior before

Heres After.

Seats will be done soon:)..Look forward to driving it..I was told this thing does low 11s!..will see about that,lol.

Last edited:

1tufam

Is the hood latch raised up, to clear the front mount IC? If this is the case that would definitely cause your hood to ride high.

TTOP350

I'd look into raising the front bumper center and adjusting the hood down. I't doesn't look like there is enuff in the way to cause a clearance issue.. I bet when they put it back together they didn't get it assembled properly or the bumper is sagging because the intercooler has taken the place of the front bumper support.

Last edited:
The car lines up good,the front nose fits the fenders perfect,The headlights are lined up to the fenders, it has no structual damage,I was told by A "body repair guy" That the hood latch is fail,not completing its latching cycle?..idk

Last edited:
I hired some detailer with a steam cleaning devise :),he also did my door panels,speaker covers, and anything else that needed it...seats might be done tomorrow!

ChadsTTA

well,shes got wet sanded and buffed,little paint here and there,nothing major,shes running good and looking even better :)

Last edited:

ChadsTTA

Thx ratfink,its been fun. But,Its been sold..that trans am #27 for me..I think,lol lost count over the years..on to number 28 my 01 ws6 with 78k..
Thanks for letting me join the site, The car will be passed on to my boss,he will take it to a level of greatness:)..yes we will fill in the license plate holes,and load it up will parts from TA performance located here in phoenix:)

Top Bottom