cleaning tricks for the reunion.

Nick Wise

With the reunion coming soon, I finally started getting #631 cleaned up. Thought I would share a new cleaning trick I just tried. My interior was pretty filthy and was planning on painting most of the trim. someone suggested trying Mr Clean magic eraser on the trim. WOW. did an amazing job without doing damaging the plastic, or original color. The knobs on my headrest were actually a brownish grey, now they look new. Just thought I would share my experience with trying something new.

If anyone else has some good cleaning tricks, post'em up for the rest of us who are waiting till the last minute to clean these birds up for the show.

TTA984

Gold Member
With the reunion coming soon, I finally started getting #631 cleaned up. Thought I would share a new cleaning trick I just tried. My interior was pretty filthy and was planning on painting most of the trim. someone suggested trying Mr Clean magic eraser on the trim. WOW. did an amazing job without doing damaging the plastic, or original color. The knobs on my headrest were actually a brownish grey, now they look new. Just thought I would share my experience with trying something new.

If anyone else has some good cleaning tricks, post'em up for the rest of us who are waiting till the last minute to clean these birds up for the show.

Thanks for sharing, The good thing about our TTA community is we are constantly sharing ideas with others.

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing, The good thing about our TTA community is we are constantly sharing ideas with others.
That's one of the best things that set the TTA folks apart from everyone else! :)

Nice tip Nick! Clean that TTA up! Can't wait to see it in Ohio! :clap:

Nick Wise

hopefully Jim, it will look a lot different then the last time you had seen it. I procastinated too much, now I have a lot to do, including painting the hood and spoiler. I've got a pile of parts in my living room that I need to install as well, and getting more parts almost everyday.

Off topic, but hey I have #633. Nick Wise, you're the closest build # to mine that I've seen since I've owned my car for 9 years.
I'm going to try and make it to the event, it would be a shame for me to miss it since I only live about 2 hours from National Trail Raceway.

Nick Wise

Off topic, but hey I have #633. Nick Wise, you're the closest build # to mine that I've seen since I've owned my car for 9 years.
I'm going to try and make it to the event, it would be a shame for me to miss it since I only live about 2 hours from National Trail Raceway.
That's great. Rob has TTA #636, he will be at the reunion also. We will have to line next to each other.

When I had the TTA repainted they got paint on the vinyl. Would this Mr Clean stuff get it off without damaging it. My mechanic tried and couldn't get it completely off and didn't want to use anything stronger.

Off topic but there is a TTA hardtop diecast for sale. I got one and have the T Top one too Lynn
'89 TTA
2nd Owner:dance:
Basically stock

Nick Wise

When I had the TTA repainted they got paint on the vinyl. Would this Mr Clean stuff get it off without damaging it. My mechanic tried and couldn't get it completely off and didn't want to use anything stronger.

Off topic but there is a TTA hardtop diecast for sale. I got one and have the T Top one too Lynn
'89 TTA
2nd Owner:dance:
Basically stock

Is the paint on the leather seats, or the plastic trim. I dont think it would work on the seats, not much out there strong enough to take paint off without damaging leather. i also dought this would take it of the plastic trim. how long has it been on there. if it is still somewhat fresh it would come off easier. I can ask around if anyone would know of something good to use for that, but options would be pretty limited.

BTW, I see you are going to the reunion, I will be heading out friday morning with a few others, coming back monday. are you going through maryland into west virginia or coming up 83 to the Pa turnpike. I was going to get pictures of anyone driving through on their way out there. Jim will probably come through too early for me, i'll be at work. I was thinking of hanging a sign off the bridge to cheer him on. If you are coming back monday you will have to drive along with us. I still think one of the best parts of these trips is the drive, especially when you have a bunch of other cars to drive with.

The paint is on the vinyl, not the leather, thank God. It has been there a couple of years because - its a long story - it was at the original place I was having it worked on for over 2 years with one escuse after another. Then the owner shot himself in the head and his heirs declared the place bankrupt and took me for a of money and also when I had their so-called interior expert redo the interior (which really was in good shape, just wanted to match the new paint job as new), they trashed the interiod, cut the vinyl, paint on the vinyl, parts not connected together but apart, looked horrible. Anyway, got all that straightened out except for the $$$$. Paint is as noticeable, but I am a perfectionist and want it off.

I am having a professional trailor the car in an enclosed trailer as I don't have one. I am leaving on Thursday - I got directions from Google, but don't know the way this driver will go. I told the company I want to follow them in my SUV and want to be at track in time to park the car.

Also, I get lost easy - how big is this track area? (Afraid if I leave car I will never find my way back to it.) I agree with you about driving with the others is a lot more fun. I don't know anybody except through this site. Haven't met anyone yet and looking forward to it. i am going to leave Sunday morning to come back. I live in Maryland about 20 miles north of Baltimore in Harford County.

Nick Wise

Jim has a map of the track posted up on yhe forum. I think its listed under the reunion threads.
I am just in harrisburg pa. I get down close to Maryland fairly often. There us a great show at the Maryland line fire company just off 83. If you ever need a hand with anything on the car, let me know. Takes me about 45 minutes to get to Maryland. Sounds like you got a nice car, can't wait to see it at the reunion. I was planning on doing some paint work to mine, but it doesn't look like I will have time to do it. See you at the reunion.

Nick,

I really appreciate that!! That show you are talking about off 83 sounds like it is not far from me. I took a little liberty with the paint job. I really don't like white cars except the TTA so when I had it repainted (EXPENSIVE!!!!) I had them repaint it with a custom paint that has a pearl base with opalescent sp? so the car is white and looks like it is covered with diamonds in the sun. I need a lot of help with this car. Have been flying by the seat of my pants, and ripped off. Hope I have a good mechanic now but there is so much I want to know.

Having trouble with cooling fan turning off. Fan continues running when I turn car off. Usually happens when running the car on errands all day. The first time I drive it and stop, it usually either doesn't continue running or only runs for a couple of minutes, running it all day on errands, it can take as long as 15 minutes to turn off. My mechanic put a new sensor in and the problem still occurs.

I think it was Jason who suggested I get a Turbo Tweak chip and a 160 thrmostat and I have no idea of what to get. He also suggested I get a scanner and again I know what that is for and have no idea what kind to get or how to use one after I get it. Hope you guys can help me with these questions. Look forward to meeting you. I am staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Newark Granvile on 500 Highland Blvd, Newark, Ohio, supposed to be 12 miles from the track. Lynn

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Having trouble with cooling fan turning off. Fan continues running when I turn car off. Usually happens when running the car on errands all day. The first time I drive it and stop, it usually either doesn't continue running or only runs for a couple of minutes, running it all day on errands, it can take as long as 15 minutes to turn off. My mechanic put a new sensor in and the problem still occurs.
Lynn, that is by design ... if car is not hot enough the fan don't need to run when you turn it off however if hot or really hot the fan keeps running for a while so up to 15 min is normal ... if your car gets really hot very quick or just during a short run then something else is wrong as it over heats.

I don't have the scematic details in front of me or I could explain exactly how this works with the two fans and what controls them etc however got a brain fart at the moment so can't recall exactly how it all works together and don't want to misslead you.

Anyway look forward to seeing you next week ! There's enough of us out there to help you out and see what's going on ... and I'm sure you get a different opinion from each of us :bye1:

Athanks Jan
I am worried the car is running hotter than it should. One of the reasons I am having it transported. I am really nervous about my car being someone else's truck. Anyone heard of the Rite Way company that transports cars?

Reviews on them mostly good. Called person I have been talking to and he tells me not to worry, he'll have a driver for me. I am supposed to call him Monday. Ifhe falls through do I have any chance of lining up a closed transport to Ohio? Have hotel already reserved and if have to cancel, lose lot of money plus will be upset and depressed beyond words. Lynn

Top Bottom