Coolant Flush

Guss23

Hello, I have had some strange issues with my car and I think I might have figured out why. Now, how to fix it....
My car is a 9,000 mile car that sat for quite a few years. Since I bought it I have chased a few demons but have it running ver good. One issue that I could not fix however is an oil leak. It is random however. I’ve noticed that it only happens when it has been run for a while and gets hot. The gauge shows that it’s not overly hot. I looked in the coolant overflow tank and the coolant was brown. After draining it has a brown sludge in it. I think that the heads are not getting even cooling. Has anyone ever flushed out the cooling system before? Any suggestions?

1bad89

I'll be putting my 160 thermostat back in so that's when I'm going to flush mine out. My car has 16k and I flushed it twice so far. Didn't notice much brown though. I never power flushed it. Just used a spray nozzle with water through the radiator and let it drain. Then 50/50 mix and let the thermostat open. Just basic stuff. But the oil leak is a different story. Been there before !!

Top Bottom