Dutt Neck??

Is there are Dutt neck mod for these cars? Is it worth anything performance wise and lastly where do I buy it?

Thanks for your help.

Ravi

Is there are Dutt neck mod for these cars? Is it worth anything performance wise and lastly where do I buy it?

Thanks for your help.

Ravi
The mod is intercooler specific, so it should work since it's basically the same as the GN. Duttweiler performance made the modifications (805) 659-3648
Personally I don't think you would gain much performance from it, but it's possible they have some test results.

TURBOGTA

Buy a GN intercooler to add DUTT neck too instead of hacking up TTA intercooler. You'll gain about 2 pds of boost. There are other ways to go faster. How fast do you want to go? 11's? There's better ways to do that

Thanks for your help.

Ravi
These are pretty easy to source on the web. I added one to my intercooler when I went to a larger compressor outlet on the 61mm pictured. It just made it easier to line up the turbine outlet to the intercooler. Didn't seem to make sense to have a larger turbo trying stuff that sharp angled smaller neck. I also did the larger up pipe and 62mm TB, just bumped size of everything up a bit. Spooled like the stock turbo. I did all bolt-ons, no internal mods.

Attachments

markt111

the Dutt neck mod only changes the inlet to the intercooler correct?

what are the actual dimensions inlet and outlet of our stock intercooler? what size does the Dutt neck increase the inlet to?

markt111

These are pretty easy to source on the web. I added one to my intercooler when I went to a larger compressor outlet on the 61mm pictured. It just made it easier to line up the turbine outlet to the intercooler. Didn't seem to make sense to have a larger turbo trying stuff that sharp angled smaller neck. I also did the larger up pipe and 62mm TB, just bumped size of everything up a bit. Spooled like the stock turbo. I did all bolt-ons, no internal mods.
Ratfink, what supporting muds? Have you dynoed/tracked it? if so what type of performance?

I am thinking a new turbo and converter this winter/spring and an intercooler upgrade.

markt111

fuel pump is done, 60 lb injectors and a TT chip, heads pulled last year due to leaking gaskets, full clean up, milled out the old o-ring grooves and reinstalled

she's ready for some power!!

You should be able to get 20-21 psi from the stock turbo then. The next step would be a larger 60 series turbo in a stock appearing housing and a higher stall torque converter.

I'm not sure of John Craig in AZ is still building turbos, he does excellent work.

Top Bottom