1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

Exhaust Manifold Gaskets

Discussion in 'Rate and recommend parts and or service providers' started by beckjm72, Jan 11, 2014.

1. beckjm72

beckjm72 Member

My 89 TTA has an exhaust leak from Pass Side Manifold. Should I use gaskets, or take them off and resurface them to make sure they are true?
    If gaskets, where can I get some? Most Parts stores sell wrong ones (same PN as the GN, which is incorrect bolt hole location).

2. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

Take them off, make them right and reinstall, no gasket.

3. TTA984

TTA984 Gold Member

If you go with gaskets, these are the best for sealing leaks. Just don't torque them down any more than suggested:
    click on the Buick it is the link

BUICK

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  4. jarredsoon

jarredsoon Gold Member

Take them off, resurface so they are true, apply some copper high temp sealant with out gasket and bolt to cylinder head. Works for me every time.

Jarred

5. TTA976

TTA976 Silver Member

^^^
    Have them resurfaced and would not use a gasket. I have had no issues with mine. It would also be a good idea to tig weld around the tubes where they meet the flange. They crack there. Also, clean up the ports with a dremel.

I'd also have them ceramic coated black or equal if you have a trustworthy finisher. These are tough to find if misplaced.

This is just what I did.

Joe