Factory radio: Tech and Tips. Setting the clock and getting the radio to un loc

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Battery go dead in your TTA and now your radio reads LOC? Have no fear the high technology anti theft system just kicked in on your TTA! Very easy to un lock the radio!

Un-"LOC"ing the radio...

With the key in the "on" position press and hold the mute button on the steering wheel controls till the radio unlocks. If this does not work one of several things might be the issue. Either the radio controls on the wheel are not working properly, The board between the radio controls and the radio are not working properly, and or you have an issue with your radio. Many owners have found issues with all of these over the years. Best bet is to surf google for a local radio shop to have your radio and controls checked out. Most towns have them and with 1989 electronics just about anyone can work on them that is in the business! You might want to even see if they can add a jack for your iPod.

Setting the clock on your TTA:

With the radio and car turned OFF. While pressing and holding the SET button on the radio, then use Seek and Scan to adjust the hours and minuets.

just got my tta: BARN FIND!!! replaced some componants, wires batterey terminals and RADIO NOT WORKING WTF!!!!! Well literally 5 mins into it I look on this site and an answer to my needs. Radio on and working great thanks to my New favorite site!!!! THNAKS

has anyone had problems with the battery going dead with a broke antenna i can hear what sounds like a relay clicking on the pass side under dash car is bone stock with no add ons,thanks,robert

8289ta

Silver Member
Your mast is broken - disconnect the relay behind the panel underneath the map pocket and it should stop until you fix the antenna. The repair kits are on Ebay and contain the plastic piece that moves the antenna up and down.

Your mast is broken - disconnect the relay behind the panel underneath the map pocket and it should stop until you fix the antenna. The repair kits are on Ebay and contain the plastic piece that moves the antenna up and down.
thanks that thing has been driving me nuts,robert

Top Bottom