Fuel Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I am new here and I believe I am posting in the right forum. That's the only place that I found applicable for my noob fuel pump question. It is a 2002 Transam, 5.7 L V8, and I bought it in September this year. It was used with 150K mi on it, and there are certain technical probs about it. I had hard time starting, first thought it was something about spark plugs or wires, but later on I discovered that it was about fuel supply, specifically I believe it's some fuel pump failure. I do not want to fix it, I'd rather grab a new one. And here is the question, folks. It turns out, that the 2002 Transam may have either mechanical or electric fuel pump. Now, how do I find out which one I need?
Thanks.

2QUIK6

All 2002 TAs have the 5.7 LS1, all have an electric fuel pump in the tank. I do not know of any GM fuel injected cars having it any other way in the past 30 years.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
We like to keep the discussions to things related to the 1989 Turbo Trans Am please or it will be impossible to later search and find what people are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom