Giant TTA billboard at the entrance to Pontiac Motor Division in Pontiac MI.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so here's one for you all ... and the question is anyone of you have the color photos and happy to share them ... all I have are these old black and white photo copies of the original photos I'm afraid but how cool are these.

This is a massive billboard advert (and only I've seen or ever heard of) that were placed at the I-75 and Joslyn Rd. exit .. the entrance to Pontiac Motor Division in Pontiac MI.

So if any of you do have the original photos and are happy to share with us all we would all really appreciate it; think about all the stuff we all been sharing so far between us :)

Attachments

TURBOGTA

Jan
If i could find who has that billboard art....i send it to you to wallpaper your bedroom.
I think that's what im going to do and start a campaign to get it for you.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool. Jan, where do you find this stuff??
These photocopies where shared with us by another collector that also shared some of the recent documents I've posted.

He had a chance to get stuff copied back in the days but unfortunately for the photos all he had access too at the time was a black and white photo copier.

If these original photos do surface at some point would be really cool as it's the only billboard I ever seen or heard of with the TTA on it.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
I do not remember that sign I drive by there all the time I remember the GNX's leaving ASC.
I'm not sure exactly when and for how long it was up there ... would have been cool if you seen it ! You don't happen to have any friends driving that same route back in 1989 you can ask?

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan
If i could find who has that billboard art....i send it to you to wallpaper your bedroom.
I think that's what im going to do and start a campaign to get it for you.

That would be so cool, and if you do I'll personally buy you a beer or two :toot:

TURBOGTA

The only thing that worries me is 80's advertising was paper poster so to speak, 90's they switched to the one piece they pulled on tight and nowadays....electronic. Usually when ad campaign was finished they papered new one over old one or tore it down....cross your fingers Jan remember thats 1989.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing that worries me is 80's advertising was paper poster so to speak, 90's they switched to the one piece they pulled on tight and nowadays....electronic. Usually when ad campaign was finished they papered new one over old one or tore it down....cross your fingers Jan remember thats 1989.
Yea I don't count on that specific billboard poster still being around, as you say either torn down or just papered over ....

However might be one in the box never used out there somewhere who knows or GM Media Archives should have the original artwork as sent to the agency printing the billboard ... but might be a longshot.

However I would really hope someone got the original color photos still, or other photos of it sitting there in all it's glory, to share with us all.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
I printed the picture I will show it to some of my friends that live in that area.
Really appreciate that, hopefully someone did see it back in the days and still remember doing so ... if they stopped and took a photo of it how cool would that be :thumbup:

TURBOGTA

Another problem I've run into is, Gannett Outdoor advertising sold to CBS I believe so to inquire about advertising from 1989 that Gannett did, I think CBS would take the position that we did not own the advertising company then and any advertising done then we would have no knowledge of....

Last edited:
Top Bottom