1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

GM Nats Carlisle andThe Bandit Run

Discussion in 'Car Shows & Up Coming Events' started by Nick Wise, May 27, 2014.

1. Nick Wise

Nick Wise Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything on here about the GM nationals in Carlisle. Anyone going. From what I heard our very own Jim Chaudrue got us our own class. Also, The Bandit Run will be starting their trip to South Carolina from the GM show. I am all registered, but wont be making the trip all the way to South Carolina. Probably to Virginia Beach then heading home. Just curious if anyone else doing the same. should be a great time. ttarider

2. sdriche

sdriche Well-Known Member

Ill be at Carslile on Sat June 21

3. Nick Wise

Great, hope to see you there. Bringing the car, or just a spectator?

4. sdriche

Bringing the TTA. I'm registered already.....looking
    forward to it.....

5. sdriche

Great meeting some fellow TTA owners yesterday at Carlisle....attached are the 4 registered TTA's in the TTA class and the 3 winners. Sorry Nick, it must have been that slightly off color white that put you at #4 :D

There were 2 more there in the Trans Am class also

6. Nick Wise

Congrats on the 3rd place. Don't worry about me not placing. I was registered with the Bandit Run. There was only 3 TTAs registered in the Turbo trans am class. I just parked with you guys. I did get quite a few votes for the class I was registered in, but its tough to place out of 120 other cars in the class. By the way, my car is a work in project, most people remember my car with the paint peeling off the hood and a grey spoiler. I fixed the hood but didnt have time to paint anything so I just got everything in primer (I use tinted primer). It was good talking to you, car looks good, nice work with the ford 9 inch. Had a great weekend. Now looking forward to cruising to the beach with over 100 other Trans Ams. Cant wait till carlisle Gm nats 2015.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

7. sdriche

No excuses nick...nice car. Good luck with it. I'm not sure how good I should feel winning third place in a race of 3....ha! No matter, great time despite the rain.

8. Mark T-TB

Mark T-TB Car Crazy from birth

Re: GM Nats Carlisle and The Bandit Run

I was trying to figure out (over on the MAGNA forum) who had the TTAs there at Carlisle.
    Hey Rich, no one who looks at the trophy will ever know how many cars "in your class" - just enjoy it :toot:

Thanks for the pix.
    Wish that I could have made it, but had a family wedding up above Boston...

9. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

You could have drove the TTA to the wedding and took pic's...ttarider

10. Mark T-TB

Mark T-TB Car Crazy from birth

Hey... what'd you think... that we are in France or something :teehee:
    I did not actually consider that idea, but we might of gotten there quicker than we did in the E250 :rolleyes: (and would have used less gas, too) The traffic on the way home was so bad that it could not have mattered :angry:

(Incidentally, there was a positively gorgeous Avanti in the Lobby of the Museum where the wedding was held, you don't see them every day)

11. PhillyTurboSix

PhillyTurboSix Administrator Staff Member