Got a new toy..

Turbota6

I believe the rear end ratio was changed out for a higher top end. If memory serves me correct the car was topping out in the 170ish range. And they used a Nomex sock to fix the slipping of the hose & clamp.

Somewhere there was some video on that event. Sadly I remember having to slow the tape down to barely catch a glimpse of the TTA as it was parked and the camera panned around.

I've found alot of strange thing's in car's over the years, but this is the first time i found a bone under the hood, it was tucked under the wire loom in the pic...:blink:

I hear you guy's, does look like a ford part...:) right now i'm really unsure how to proceed with this car ,but it back stock? or throw some modern tech at it and take it back to the track...hmmm

8289ta

Silver Member
Stock - it is 1 of 15. It will be worth a heck of a lot more restored. You may get bored of it one day and you have to think of it from a monetary stand point.

bossbird ta

That would be cool as hell if you could find some.
Robert Lee,
i found the pix i was looking for altho the quality is NOT the best. my 35-mm was broken at the time only i did not know it....if you want'm pm me your mailing address and i will send'm to ya.......and oh btw, KEEP IT STOCK/RESTORED!!!!! :)

bossbird ta

seems i remember THAT car being in HR Mag. like two times??? i recall a photo of it from way down low-drivers side showing one of the wheels w/o a center cap and some stickers on the ground effects?... is there another pic in that article or was it in a different issue all together????

There was only one pic in this one so maybe there is another? It looks like there was a sticker on the door and on the left rear qt below the marker light, maybe Nick know's of another article ?

8289ta

Silver Member
Robert - how about restoring it to how it looked when it was raced? It is definitely a unique part of TTA history that should be saved.

8289ta

Silver Member
According to the magazine article the hood got buckled during the race. Is it still buckled or any evidence of it being repaired? Also curious what mods were done to it for the race.

Last edited:
According to the magazine article the hood got buckled at during the race. Is it still buckled or any evidence of it being reapired? Also curious what mods were done to it for the race.
If it is the same hood they did a damn good job of fixing it, not sure what mod's where done but it is stock now, i think after it was raced it was detuned.

I am still on the fence in regards to how to restore it, but i have to admit it took some very big balls to race a brand new very rare car for all it was worth...:clap:

Robert Lee,
i found the pix i was looking for altho the quality is NOT the best. my 35-mm was broken at the time only i did not know it....if you want'm pm me your mailing address and i will send'm to ya.......and oh btw, KEEP IT STOCK/RESTORED!!!!! :)
I have been trying to trace the history of this car for a while now, what was your friends name that owned it when you took the pics? you can pm me if you want, BTW the driver Terry Herman was killed in a Porsche 25 miles into the race when it left the road, struck a enbankment rolled end to end and burst into flames, may 10, 1992 at the SSC which caused them to cancel the race... 3 more have joined that fate since.

Top Bottom