1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

Info Wanted/needed?

Discussion in 'History and Memorabilia' started by SCTTA, May 23, 2015.

1. SCTTA

SCTTA

Good evening gentlemen! Well, after many years of all my paperwork sitting around (13 years.. :/), I decided to take a look through it all and offer any information I can in regards to VIN, car # (granted this # is from the original dealer, so I don't know how accurate it is), any other paperwork you guys might find helpful I can dig through. Let me know what you guys need.. The car sat down here in SC in my parents garage for about 7-8 years while I was still living in MA, as it was not practical at the time having multiple cars. So i'm now here in Charleston as of about 4 years ago and, drove the car for a few thousand miles and has since been garaged the last 3 years. I'm now at the point where I can feasibly work/pay attention to it again.. I'll post some pictures later on of the engine, it definitely needs a tuneup and the hoses & lines are lookin' rough.

Jan Larsson likes this.
  2. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

When you get tired of reading... read some more... welcome to the forum.

3. pont1230

pont1230 Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum ask as many question as you need there is many people here with a lot of experience on these cars that can help.

4. SCTTA

SCTTA

Thanks, I'll need it. :D I've been so far out of the loop in the last 10 years I have forgotten so much information until recently in the last few weeks when it all started coming back.. Once I get it moved into my garage i'll be able to rip into it.. lots of small things need to be replaced now, headlamp motors being one of them :mad: as well as a lot of rubber hose lines, one which is dry rotted leading into the lower portion of the turbo, needs full tune-up etc. Do we have any good shops around the Carolina's? We were spoiled up in MA since there were a ton of good shops in the area. The last person to work on my car was Dan McDonald around 11-12 years ago. I think it still probably has an old ass Thrasher/Ultra Chip in it..

5. Jan Larsson

Jan Larsson Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome back.

Curious to understand what paperwork you do have? Just for your car (window sticker etc) and or something else?

Jan

6. SCTTA

SCTTA

Original purchasing paperwork, sales price, dealer location & dealer code, protection plans etc.