Intercooler Removed

Ok, so I finally got around to moving my TA over to the new house (with a real garage!) and can finally put some time into it as it’s been neglected for too many years. I removed the intercooler last night to give it a good flush, ive never done it since I bought the car 16 years ago, granted theres only been 13k miles added in that timeframe. The intercooler was surprisingly clean, a medium yellow color. So now that I have it out of the car, is there anything else I should take care of now in that general area so I dont have to remove it again in the near future?

Also, is it common for the lower intercooler bracket to be extremely close to the crank fan? To me it seems unusual, especially when the intercooler-to-turbo hose connection area is offset waterline by about .375-.500”. Is this correctable?

I replaced all the vacuum lines as they were dryrotted, the lines connecting to the turbo, fortunately the last time I drove it I didnt get into any boost. The car has no oil leaks from what I can see but, when I drove it to the new house, putting it into gear yielded a nasty clunking sound; is this common for motor/transmission mounts?

Thanks for any help friends.

Top Bottom