Leather Steering Wheel Rehab

Kman1971

Just bought this fantastic product off Ebay called Leather Therapy Touch Up-Black for $5.99.

I used it on both #613/BADCARR and #1040/RAYDER and both wheels look like new again. #613 had a few nail marks and teeth marks from my nephew on the top, but overall in good shape. I just bought a used leather wrapped steering wheel for #1040 off Ebay, and got lucky, no rips, tears or nail marks, just worn tired leather. So I tried this product before having them both recovered and I am glad I did. It will probably be hard to tell in all the pics, but believe me it worked and I couldn't be happier with the results, especially for under $10 for both. The last two pics, after and before on #1040 really show what a great job it did on the wheels. It is just a 6 oz bottle that has a cotton type roll on applicator, just don't press too hard or too much will come out and it will run. The black matches perfect and the sheen/shine is nearly the same as original. So if you have any wear areas on your wheel, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND trying this product out.

After on #613

Before on #613

After on #1040

Before on #1040

Last edited:

TTAGUY

Looks pretty good Kman, but man my wheel is beyond trying to make it look good, it just needs to be redone. But yours look nice, looks like a good product.

kymmee

Silver Member
Thanks for the tip Kman. My orig wheel is not too bad, just kinda faded in places, so I will get this stuff and put her in "rehab" for a spare. Probably will work good on the other birds wheels as well. :thumbup:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Jan would you have black shoe polish all over your hands after that old trick??
You have to let it dry :) Never tried it on a steering wheel but on some leather bags that needed a touch up and I know the leather fabricators use it as well ... but might not be a good idea for your steering wheel :eam:

Top Bottom