Looking For A Rear Seat Striker Bolt Assembly

kwiktsi

Out of all the nuts, bolts, screws, etc. removed for my project, I somehow managed to lose ONE rear seat striker bolt. Would anybody happen to have one? I need the bolt, sleeve and washer. Thanks.
Joe

kwiktsi

If you were asking me about the black trim piece in my thread, I must have misunderstood- I thought you were talking about the interior trim panel underneath. The black piece I asked the shop to take off, they left it on and put a couple of small scratches in the glass sanding it grr... It's been years since I've had that piece off of an F body, but I'm pretty sure you have to remove the hinges from the glass to get it off.

kwiktsi

Ok, I'll have to go look at mine again, I'm pretty sure it just had the screws on the back edge and then slid forward and off but let me verify. Mine is still in the attic, so I'll pull it down and look.

fbody4me

kwiktsi is right. All you do is take the 6 or so screws out and slide it forward. There might be a little adhesive from the glass holding it in place but it will slide forward with a little muscle. I also have that bolt and washer if robert lee cant find one.

I got it off, the factory had it tucked in pretty good... kwiktsi post a pic of the striker bolt so i'm sure we are talking about the same thing.
While we are on the subject of parts does anyone know where to find the black buttons on the wheelwells ? there has to be 10 billion of them out there somewhere..

kwiktsi

Sorry, I never got into my attic last night to look at mine for you, the car was under the pull down stairs and it was raining out so I didnt want to pull the car out lol. Glad you got it off of there. It is in pretty good.

I'll take a pic of the striker when I get out to the garage. As for the plastic clips, any paint/body supply store should have them. If you just need a couple, Lowe's even sells them but they're quite a bit more, so if you're buying a bunch of them, you're better off getting them elsewhere. I'm sure you can get them off eBay dirt cheap too. I've even ordered them from McMaster-Carr in the past.

kwiktsi

Yup, the bolt, sleeve (black plastic piece around it) and washer for the passenger side though. I believe the sleeve is molded differently for each side. Still have no idea how with everything that came off and went back onto the car- I lost that one item lol. Thanks!

pont1230

the wheel well buttons I got from autozone you can pretty much find then in any auto store ,just bring yours and match it you should find them pretty easy .

kwiktsi

kwiktsi is right. All you do is take the 6 or so screws out and slide it forward. There might be a little adhesive from the glass holding it in place but it will slide forward with a little muscle. I also have that bolt and washer if robert lee cant find one.
I must have missed this. I appreciate the offer. I'll let you know. Thanks!

Top Bottom