Minimum posting limit for listing for sale ads.

This idea is not mine, but I figured I would be pro-active and list it here.
89MNTTA gets the credit :)

A minimum posting limit would be a good idea to have for posting in the classifieds. It discourages people making accounts just to advertise here.
89MNTTA recommended 50 posts, that sounds good to me as well.

I am not against the idea totally, but if there is a good deal to be had on a tta I would wanna know about it, even if it is from a non-member random.

that may involve having 2 "cars for sale" sub-forums. a TTA specific forum open for all to post in, and a non-TTA "Cars for sale" forum that has a post restriction. its a possibility, and would deter people coming here only to list their non-tta vehicle.

89MNTTA

that may involve having 2 "cars for sale" sub-forums. a TTA specific forum open for all to post in, and a non-TTA "Cars for sale" forum that has a post restriction. its a possibility, and would deter people coming here only to list their non-tta vehicle.
I agree - and it makes sense!

1 QUIK6

IMHO, if you aren't interested in what is being sold in the title - don't look.

Sorry to disagree guys, I just don't think we need to make the site more complicated than it needs to be. I'm certain the administrators can always delete ads that are obviously irrelevant (like religious messages or political agendas).

89MNTTA

Sorry to disagree guys, I just don't think we need to make the site more complicated than it needs to be. I'm certain the administrators can always delete ads that are obviously irrelevant (like religious messages or political agendas).
I respect your opinion.

I'm going to start a poll. :D

72firebird

Super Moderator

I agree, most of the time we get things that don't belong deleted within a day of it being posted. If it's something you're not interested, don't read it. This forum IMHO is too small to put a posting limit. There are a lot of guys who own TTAs on here that read every once in a while and rarely post. I wouldn't want to limit them from posting in the for sale section and it would probably end up being a pain going through and adding all the people who would be exceptions.

roadkill73

I agree, most of the time we get things that don't belong deleted within a day of it being posted. If it's something you're not interested, don't read it. This forum IMHO is too small to put a posting limit. There are a lot of guys who own TTAs on here that read every once in a while and rarely post. I wouldn't want to limit them from posting in the for sale section and it would probably end up being a pain going through and adding all the people who would be exceptions.
I second that emotion

72firebird

Super Moderator
thats why you can add a minimum member age too. example: either reach 50 posts or have an account at least 6 months old.
I really don't think that the current system is a problem. I mean in the last month there have been 3 threads in the cars for sale, 2 in parts for sale, 1 in the misc. for sale, 2 in wanted, and 1 in the group purchase sections. Also, I'm sure some of those threads are older than a month they just have a post within the last month. Lets be honest here, that section of the forum isn't exactly booming and the small amount of spam that we've gotten recently hasn't been limited to just the for sale sections so it's not going to stop that.

89MNTTA

There are a lot of guys who own TTAs on here that read every once in a while and rarely post. I wouldn't want to limit them from posting in the for sale section and it would probably end up being a pain going through and adding all the people who would be exceptions.
Then don't limit the stuff dealing with TTA's - that's an idea that's been mentioned.

Top Bottom