1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

Moates Engineering APU1 AutoProm

Discussion in 'Rate and recommend parts and or service providers' started by BuickGN, Mar 27, 2010.

1. BuickGN

BuickGN TTA# 130

Autopromthis unit is for anyone who likes to change settings on their chip. Settings can be done on the fly. It also can read your old chips to you can take a look at your old configurations. Will only burn the three chips that come with it. Comes with an ADL cable which you can hook up and read your cars datastream. You can also data log to check your performance after your change. This can all be done with the tuner Pro software that comes with it. If you purchased accessory Bluetooth module giving you everything wirelessly! Definitely a five-star product!:thumbup:
    http://www.moates.net

2. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Well-Known Member

thats a bit beyond me

upon further reading it would appear we have a 24 pin chip which this device can only read, it cannot reprogram, so im not sure if its so useful/?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  3. BuickGN

BuickGN TTA# 130

It stays in your car and the unit which has their emulation chip on holds your current configuration. So it can just act like your EEPROM. If you're one that likes to do your own tuning you can make many changes on-the-fly without having to burn a chip every time which takes a lot of time and effort. It also reads the ALDL port and can take the place of turbolink which was a old software program to read your ALDL port for current data. You can also data log with it. If all this is over your head I can see why it would be useless to you. But I love it. If you have the fast xfi then you would not get this. This is more for people who are also keeping their car stock and don't need an expensive racing computer.DontKnow:

4. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Well-Known Member

I do my own tuning on my OBD2 cars but thats taken some time to learn. I did read that you can modify your ECM case to accept the 28pin plug and you can even get an adapter to program 28 pin chips and use those and burn them.

Only problem is having the ability to read and burn doesnt really mean that you should or will know how to and thats the part that scares me off. Its def interesting tech but I also wonder does it allow you to run off a wideband rather than just log it. I want some sort of computer that runs the car off a wideband as the powerlogger does or as Fast XFI does.

Running off the wideband is what really delivers the precision, makes the best power and allows for the crazy high mpg that some get.

5. BuickGN

BuickGN TTA# 130

That's something you would have to call them and ask. This is great for me who likes to just tweaking little bit. I'm still running stock everything he so just trying different little things here and there. This setup is perfect for that.