1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

New area! What chips do you use/ have used?

Discussion in 'ScanTools / Chip Chat' started by PhillyTurboSix, Feb 14, 2007.

1. PhillyTurboSix

PhillyTurboSix Administrator Staff Member

Personally I was going to leave the stock factory chip in my TTA. I figured with that old school programing I'd give it a try. I'm sure glad I did. I called Eric at turbotweak and had him burn me a stock chip. What a difference!!! My car ran soooooooooo much smoother. It also seemed like I picked up some HP. I was also getting some mild knock at WOT with the factory chip. That all went away. I love it! If you have a factory bone stock car, I would recommend getting Eric to burn you a chip for your TTA! http://www.turbotweak.com/

2. mr.turbota

mr.turbota Super Moderator Staff Member

So,
    You just got the emmisions chip?
    Or one of the others that needs the scantool?

Just wondering,

George :cool:

3. PhillyTurboSix

Well Eric can burn a stock chip for the TTA. What he told me was they went heavy with the timing on the oem chip. So Eric kills all the EGR stuff.. adds some fuel and took some timing out. It almost feels like I got 50 extra hp just from the chip. I do run a scanmaster as anyone with a turbo car really should have one in their car. They can tell you so much and give you a heads up to an issue. Another problem I thought I had was a lazy 02. Well what ever he did make my 02 come back to life. If I went WOT from a stop with the oem chip it would take off nice. With Eric's chip it breaks the tires loose and barks 2nd gear now! :D I don't need to run my car thru smog stuff as in PA if I keep it under 3K a year I don't need smog check. But the ECM is really easy to get at on the TTA's. So I would put the stock chip in for smog if it fails with his chip. But it's a awesome upgrade for these cars. Just tell him you want a stock chip for a TTA.

4. mr.turbota

mr.turbota Super Moderator Staff Member

I don't have a scantool.
    Yet.
    However, I see his emmisions chip for around 25 bucks.
    I was wondering if that's what you got.
    I don't see a stock chip.

That's why I asked,

George :cool:

5. PhillyTurboSix

Well his site is like everyone else's. I either e-mail or call these guys to make sure I get what I'm looking for :) I just told him I have a stock TTA with a scanmaster and he did his magic and I was shocked! :) I can't believe you dont have a scanmaster George! All those goodies and your missing the most important one! It's nice to keep an eye on the sensors. I did some light tuning on my TTA when I hooked up the Scanmaster and made the car run and perform 100% better. You'll be amazed what you can do with that little box! :)

6. 72firebird

72firebird Super Moderator

I got my chip from Eric too, and I love it. I was having problems with my Turbolink at the time connecting so I thought it was the chip but he assured me it wasn't, of course he was right. He's got great customer service and I know I'll be buying another chip from him probably this summer.

7. Quiky One

Quiky One Gold Member

7 Erics chip run through my 4 cars!

Jason

8. ttarob

ttarob Active Member

Another one for Eric .... he's awesome !!

9. Sweet6

Sweet6 Well-Known Member

Eric is great. But I also like Max Effort. But it cost $350 or so. I wanted the extra flexibilty with boost levels. But for a plug in chip, Eric is great and great bang for the buck.

10. RatFink

RatFink TORQUE

I didn't try a chip until a few years ago when we put the THDP, TE44, alchy and the big injectors on. Before that I controlled the boost with an HKS interior module and the fuel was enriched when an additional regulator senced boost it raised the stock regs pressure, I still use these mods with the Casper 7 setting chip. The only thing that it affected was timing which before was stock. I can say that on the 7th setting with alchy that it seems to pick up in 3rd gear. I've got one of Eric's Alchy chips, had it for a couple of weeks but it's been cold and I haven't had a chance to try it. I'm looking forward to seeing what it does. I just wish he made a 3 setting chip like caspers. One setting anti theft, valet and Wild Child, but hey can't have it all. I wish I could find one of those piggy back deals from the 90's. This was a module that allowed you to swith between different chips without having to actually take them out and replace them. If I had one of those I would keep the Casper in one slot and Eric's in the other. This way I could keep the anti theft option. I like knowing that the car is completely disabled when I walk away, but it's not like I park it at the mall, unless there is a Trans Am, Buick:cool: car show.

11. ROBERTDMERRILL

ROBERTDMERRILL Active Member

I have a HP chip, but I am looking for the factory OEM chip to buy. Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one?

12. 72firebird

you don't want an OEM chip, the cars run like crap with the original chips in them. If you've got a completely stock car contact Joe Lubrant at www.turbotweak.com and let him know you want a chip for a stock TTA and he'll make you something much better than stock.

13. Quiky One

Quiky One Gold Member

Turbotweak 100%

14. RatFink

RatFink TORQUE

I'll sale you mine.. PM me if interested.

15. TTA850

TTA850 Well-Known Member

I think you mean Eric Marshall, and he does a great job with chips. I run one in my GTA :) You can also visit his forum http://www.turbotweak.com/forum for any questions.

Steve

16. 72firebird

haha yeah you're right I got the two names mixed up. Either way Turbo Tweak is the way to go.

17. JRNYMNDAVID

JRNYMNDAVID Active Member

TURBO TWEAK'S ALKY CHIP.

18. tta299

tta299 White Car Fever

Joe Lubrant use to work @ Precision turbo and burnt chips for them. I have a Lubrant chip it works ok. Im not knocking Joe but ERIC is da man. I have one of Erics chips on My TTA and it idles like a champ even with the 84# injectors.

19. 2QUIK6

2QUIK6 Well-Known Member

The stock chips have waaay too much timing...26 degrees or so at WOT.
    With pump gas and 16# boost you won't want much more than 19 degrees.
    I used a Thrasher chip for a while due to the security feature, but it too created a little bit of knock, not near as much as the stocker.

I've since been burning my own chips now for the last 5-6 years and the performance is incredible compared to the 2 previous chips.
    For those without chip making experience, Eric's chips are the way to go, his do not use hardly any of the stock code and are fully adjustable for fueling and spark advance by using sequences of key on and the AC setting controls....only down side is it resets everytime you disconnect the battery...and since my car isn't driven much, its disconnected most of the time.

So best of both worlds..I got a Casper 8 pos thumbwheel and burned my own thumbwheel settings (basically 4 chips in one) ....security, valet, race, and street timing with 4 other chips with various timing on them and then hid the tw controller when set to security....

20. ukbandit

ukbandit New Member

My tta has never run right, just put in a new ecm, from Rock auto, and a new stock chip from Eric and it now runs like a new car. Great times!!

21. JSTTA

JSTTA Active Member

Eric has a great product and outstanding customer service !:hooray:

22. bob89tta

bob89tta Member

can anyone tell me why under hard acceleration the knock gage goes from green to red? i have the scanmaster and the 02 mv readings are around 780. the retard is reading 0.00. does this need to be adjusted? the car has te44,turbotweak chip, razor's alky kit, rjc power plate,walbro 340 hot wired fuel pump,3"down pipe,lock up convertor and probably some things that i'm forgetting. i'm running 93 octane. thanks for any info,Bob

23. PhillyTurboSix

I have scanmaster, Audible knock and the caspers led gage in my GN. I always see the lights giving me a show on that led caspers gage but I don't see much on the scanmaster. I think the caspers are just very sensitive. If your 02's look good and the scanmaster is showing no knock you should be fine.

24. bob89tta

bob89tta Member

thanks for the quick response. my 02mv bounce around during idle. they drop as low as 100's. do you get the same readings

25. jarredsoon

jarredsoon Gold Member

O2 is supposed to bounce around while idling. if it did not then your O2 sensor may be bad or have a bad connection.