1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

New area! What chips do you use/ have used?

Discussion in 'ScanTools / Chip Chat' started by PhillyTurboSix, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Quiky One

Quiky One Gold Member

I've sent him 3 or 4 and he seemed to be thankful...although I've always received new units from him when I've purchased.

Jason

2. Nick Wise

Nick Wise Well-Known Member

If he can use it i will send it to him. Thanks.

3. PhillyTurboSix

PhillyTurboSix Administrator Staff Member

He use to pay you for the cores (old chips) Chips can be re burned over and over again. I think he will only buy maybe 3 or 4. I usually send him what's laying around. One thing you don't want to do it have a old chip laying around and stick it in your car! I know someone who got a chip off someone who thought it had certain settings in it and wound up replacing a new motor because the chip wasn't what the guy told him! Those chips also can suffer from what they call chip rot as well and they can get brittle and more fragile with age.

And always always always make sure the battery is disconnected before changing chips!

4. Quiky One

Quiky One Gold Member

I've never ever ever ever ever unhooked the battery. yes, you should though.

Jason

5. simo

simo Well-Known Member

Static Electricity can also ruin a chip.
    I take my ECU's into work and use an ESD Work Station with an ESD Wrist Strap.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Static is produced by the contact and separation of materials: Shoes and floors, clothes and the human body, parts being moved on or from surfaces. The generated charge will reside on the body until it is discharged - the familiar "zap" that all of us have experienced. It's the "zap" that does the damage. If we can prevent any static charge from building up on the body, then there is essentially nothing to be discharged. A properly grounded ESD Wrist Strap effectively prevents any static charge from building up. Any static charge that would tend to be created is instantly "drained" by the ESD Wrist Strap. The wrist strap maintains the potential equilibrium that is accomplished the hard way with the "zap".

6. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Well-Known Member

what about this emulator things like ostrich and auto prom?

7. Nick Wise

Nick Wise Well-Known Member

I got my chip form Turbo Tweak, also ordered and scan master from him too. Man is he quick. Orderedit Sunday night, got it in the mail wednesday. Got the scanmaster hooked up, I'm going to install the chip tomorow when I work on the car. I talked to Eric about sending him my ATR chip, said he couldn't use it. Anyways, I will let you all know how it goes tomorow.

8. caleb

caleb

im new here but it looks like eric is the way to go.. how do i find these chips? if someone has a website that would b great. thanks

9. RatFink

RatFink TORQUE

http://www.turbotweak.com/

10. caleb

caleb

Awesome thanks.

11. kidsixpack

kidsixpack Well-Known Member

Ordered a new chip last week from Turbo Tweak. It arrived in just a few days. I'm hoping to install it on Friday.
    KID

12. kidsixpack

Installed my new chip today. My ultimate goal is to pull hard on pump gas. The new TT chip seemed to tame the car down a bit. Much softer shifts, So soft that I actually cannot feel them at all. Is this to be expected with the 5.7 chip from Turbo Tweak? The car is pulling hard with a little spark knock near 16lbs of boost. This is one of the main reasons I got the new chip. I still have the factory boost gauge and I really think its a bit slow.
    I removed a Kenne Bell hot flash chip. I did like the slightly harder shifts.
    KID

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  13. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

It will be hard to run really fast withhout Alky or E-85 , you need a boost gauge that is accurate along with a SM or you are asking for trouble, as far as the shift's are concerned is the car stock ? injector's ect. ?

14. kidsixpack

I guess it's running good for stock. I'm tempted to reinstall my factory chip just to see how it runs. I gave TT all the info. that they asked for when ordering my chip.
    My car has:
    A slightly upgraded turbo
    Fuel injectors
    Fuel pump.

I've been watching for a good deal on a scanmaster.

KID

15. kidsixpack

I should ad that the new chip from TT is the enhanced chip. The car idles great and it's running smooth as silk. I'm thinking that it's a bit of a detune from what I had (kenne bell hot flash)and it may just take some getting used too.
    KID

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  16. kidsixpack

I need some opinions on my chip. The car is actually too smooth. I mean I cannot feel it shift at all! I'm old school and have always felt that at least a slight pop when the car shifts is actually good for the trans. How do your cars shift with this chip? I need some opinions before I contact Eric at TT.
    Thanks
    KID

17. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

Enhanced chip ? you mean extender chip ?

18. 8289ta

8289ta Silver Member

Kid - Does the computer control anything inside the 2004R besides lockup?

19. WS6

WS6 Stay thirsty my friends

Nope...as far as enhanced I think that means you can set odd/even parameters to make the timing a little more aggressive and you can alter the parameters using the PL instead of the scanmaster.

20. kidsixpack

I can't recall what it is. I want to say 57 chip, but I will have to look at the paperwork for be sure.
    KID

21. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

It's probably a 5.7, but i honestly don't see how it would affect how the trans feels when it shift's; the one completely stock TTA i had was soft changing through the gears but got a little firmer after the 5.6 chip and 60lb injectors but i'm guessing that is because it just ran better..

22. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

One other thing, Eric's chip does lower the timing to run better on today's gas so that could affect how it feel's, BTW how do you know there is spark knock with no scan tool? If you can hear it that is bad mojo...

23. kidsixpack

I have a knock sensor. Your correct it is a 5.7.
    KID

24. kidsixpack

Drove the car today and it's running pretty darn good. It's breaking the tires loose on the 1-2 shift I just can't feel it. Knock sensor is still coming on. It's an ANS unit. I'm told they are a bit sensitive. Not hearing any kind of pining though. I may have too much boost. I need to add a more accurate boost gauge.
    KID

25. TTA976

TTA976 Silver Member

Factory boost guage is fairly accurate especially at stock boost levels. 16# is where you want to be. Just leave there on pump gas. 43# @ idle vac off.

Joe