1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

New Chip

Discussion in 'ScanTools / Chip Chat' started by robert lee, Oct 31, 2012.

1. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

Just installed a new 5.7 Alky TT chip yesterday, drove it around some to let it learn, turned the boost up today, went for a short ride and turned around on a side street and kinda rolled into after i got straight (about 25mph) nailed it and that's when this white bitch went fish-tailing all over the road..:D The boost gauge hit 20psi the PL said 19psi, the chip is prog. for 25psi so there is more fun left in it... and there is new 255 DR's on it, just glad no car's where coming the other way...:burnrubber:

2. jarredsoon

jarredsoon Silver Member

Rob if the chip is programmed for 25 boost it will perform best at 25 lbs boost. If you think that was fun, turn it up to 25 lol. Just go up one lb at a time to make sure no knock. Man, wish I was still cruising and burnin rubber. Nothin but 4 wheel drive suv for me now. Jealous!!!!

3. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

Yeah i know that's where it will work best, but baby step's for now... it was really hard not to crank it all the way, i have a RJC boost controller and only noticed today that my actuator on the turbo was adg. all the way out.. now it's about halfway. BTW think you can turn off the 30mph air conditioning from up there??..:cold:

4. jarredsoon

jarredsoon Silver Member

Rob that was funny:lol:
    I only wish I could, then I'd be out driving!!
    I am envious of the guys that have 10-12 month race seasons. Not envious of those tropical storms, whao!!!

5. TTA976

TTA976 Silver Member

+1 Yep you will be rich at 19/20# with that chip.

Getter up to 25# buddy.

Its a big difference from 19 to 22#. 25# is HUGE!!!

Joe

6. jarredsoon

jarredsoon Silver Member

25 lbs is just scary on the street.
    I can kill anything with 19-20 lbs.
    Sorry so cocky, just sayin.