1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

New Member Needs Advise On Tta Values

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tad Contine, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Tad Contine

Tad Contine Member

Hi,
    New member here. Figured this is the best place for advise as I am looking to buy a 89' TTA. I currently own an original 67' Camaro RS and want to pick another collectible.
    I know miles and condition can fluctuate quite a bit on a price.
    What would be a good price to pay for say a 20k mile TTA in very good condition vs a 70k mile TTA in good condition.
    I just don't want to over pay. I hope and fell the value of these cars will increase.
    Thanks in advance for any advise

Tad

2. 89WhitePhoenix

89WhitePhoenix Active Member

IMO, you would expect to pay the price the seller set or very close to it. In real life, a 20k-40k mile car would fall under the top condition pricing if it has been well maintained whereas anything over 80K miles falls in the "in between " valuation almost regardless due to mileage, for example. Hagerty offers a valuation tool which reflects real world pricing for this type of vehicles. Hope this helps somewhat.
    As for the value of these going up, it's probable. You must first find a buyer to pay for your "investment" if you expect to make a profit, needless-to-say.

3. Mark T-TB

Mark T-TB Car Crazy from birth

Also, if you have some time and patience... you can watch here, on the facebook page, and on ebay to see what sells and for how much.
    Good luck finding something that you like.

89WhitePhoenix likes this.
  4. Tad Contine

Tad Contine Member

Tks for all the replys.
    Got a guys wants to sell me a 30th Anniversary TA WS6 t-top hurst 6sp w 35k miles for $19,000
    Is that a good deal?

5. Trentster5172

Trentster5172 Active Member

I personally don't see any of the other anniversary cars having the potential value of the 20th. The 30th is sweet, but it's just a regular run of the mill WS6 with some color for flash that was organized by ASC. The 20th is arguably (and tested) quicker, there were about 50 less, and Pontiac pulled out all the stops to build it! The 20th was completely modified by PAS with its own powertrain that was never used again! It added approximately $10,000 additional to the factory PAS window sticker in 1989 which would be almost $20,000 more in today's dollars! Here's a 2016 valuation on the 20th, but for recent reference I bought my 20th TTA # 851 right here from a forum member in October 2016. It had 26,000 miles and I paid $18,500. It needed a new rear spoiler, some minor paint work, and a couple of small door-ding dents taken out that has already all been done. The drivers seat has very little wear, and I would consider it a driver in very low #2 condition.

On a side note- if you're dealing with a bank or credit union look at loan values. My bank would loan $18,400 all day long on the 89 TTA and only about $9,350 on a 30th based on Classic NADA. That being said the financial institutions AND insurance companies see more value in the 89 TTA too! My insurance has appraised my TTA for $33,000 using their tools with no added premium.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  6. Trentster5172

Trentster5172 Active Member

If you are looking for a rare 4th gen F-body that is very very soon going to be a high dollar classic get one of the 1997 LT4 cars built by SLP. They built around 29 Pontiac Firehawks and around 108 30th Anniversary Camaro SS's in 1997. Again the key is they only did it once!

7. 2QUIK6

2QUIK6 Well-Known Member

I just sold a 30th Ann convertible with 45k miles for $19k. If the car is in perfect shape, the 6spd coupes are desirable. Mine was an A4 but only 535 verts were made in total.