1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

New To Me Tta Advise On Some Parts

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tad Contine, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Tad Contine

Tad Contine Member

Ok
    Put new Gforce tires on My TTA yesterday.

Sounds like Hawk is the way to go for rear spoiler?

Needs floor matts, I would like to stay close to original as possible?

Rear seats r great so I just want to replace both front seats. Should I go to a local upholstery shop or does someone sell just the front seat covers?

Steering wheel needs some tlc. Leather isn't coming apart, it's just wore the paint and finish off in some areas. Has anyone uses the kits where u lightly sand, re dye, then refinish? Or should I send it out to a professional?

Tks
    Tad

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  2. TTA855

TTA855 White lightning drinker

I have "Turbo Trans Am" embroidered floor mats from jaxseatcovers.com; they're very nice. The color match is very close; I don't think it can be exact since carpet fades over time. They also sell seat covers; I don't know anything about them, though.

I can't speak for the Hawks wing, but I have bought stuff from Hawks with good results.

I still have my original seats. My body shop had a guy they know dye the driver's seat and the steering wheel. It made them look almost like new again. That was over six years ago and they still look good.

3. Tad Contine

Tad Contine Member

Tks for the info

4. Mark T-TB

Mark T-TB Car Crazy from birth

I think if you do a search - you'll find a bunch of posts about the spoiler. Same with the seats... seems like I've read about differing levels of $$ and quality for the "skins".
    I had a guy repair my seat, pretty sure he could do the steering wheel, and that would be easy enough to ship if there is not a "local equivalent".
    the dye guy, llc
    Post about my driver's seat:
    thumbs up for "the Dye Guy"
    Good luck.