1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

Pace Car List from 500 Festival Associates

Discussion in 'History and Memorabilia' started by aclarke77, Jul 13, 2013.

1. aclarke77

aclarke77 Active Member

Hello All-

One of the interesting documents I received with #8 when I purchased it was a list of Pace Car Drivers. The list was created by 500 Festival Associates, Inc. According to my brief search on Google, 500 Festival Associates was created by the Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce to plan an orchestrate the Indianapolis 500 Festival and Parade. My guess is that this list was for use on the day of the parade.

I am sure those of you that own Festival Cars (and know your festival number) will be excited to see who actually drove your car at the parade!

Enjoy All!

Aaron

2. Jan Larsson

Jan Larsson Super Moderator Staff Member

Brilliant info Aaron and big thank you for sharing this with us.

Linking this with the festival numbers we have (I will post the link or repost the list) along with info of the breakdown of the cars (Info about the 1989 cars used at Indy - Turbo Trans Am Forum) etc. this is really nice info.

I'll post the sign out sheet (just have to find it) I have for festival car no 134 and a photo of the license plate to show what some of the records looked like ... hopefully one of these days we get the complete list with VIN's and festival car no.

3. aclarke77

aclarke77 Active Member

Here is a PDF copy of the list as well.

4. Jan Larsson

Attached is what the sign out sheets look like .. I guess GM had their own and then Indy had another list possibly but not sure ...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  5. bossbird ta

bossbird ta Well-Known Member

thanks to both you guys for posting these, i see the sign out sheet has the VIN on it. boy it would be great if ALL of those sheets were around today..... it would help solve many questions one might have about Festival Cars and what numbers they are.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
  6. Jan Larsson

Yes agree, I think there's multiple lists .. GM's list for their cars (Pontiac in Aarons list above) and then Indy list ...

The gentleman managing all the pace cars @ Indy each year had all the record not only form 1989 but for many other years as well (along with tons of other cool stuff) that he put up for sale ... needless to say I did not have the $5k USD he was asking for the list ... been trying to contact him to see whatever happened to it but had no response at all for the last 3 or so years.

However another person I know do have the sign out sheets (he got me the one I posted as I own the license plate from that car) and he updated my list of VINs for me and when he got time will scan all the sign out sheets he have however he only got the high number ones which leads me to think there's the lists GM managed for the cars (press and others) then the Indy list with the lower number cars as per Aarons list above ... all lists do have the VIN and the festival car number on them ...

Attached is what I have based on what I took note of over the years and what my friend per above updated for me ... however I can not claim this list is 100% accurate as there's some question on some of the numbers ... but it's the best we have right now.

Attached Files:

7. Jan Larsson

8. Jan Larsson

And a bit of 500 Festival History (1989 highlighted) ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  9. abeeha

abeeha

I found the original of this in my car! It was in with the owner's kit! It is a little crumpled and has a tear, but I have it! One more confirmation that I have a festival car!

10. Jan Larsson

Congrats on owning a festival car!

Would be great if you could scan or take a good photo of your document and share with us all.

11. bossbird ta

bossbird ta Well-Known Member

i agree, please do! it would be appreciated!!!

12. aclarke77

aclarke77 Active Member

I think ABEEHA is a fake person. That post is the exact same words I posted when I responded about the drivers side visor instruction sheet. Can we please block ABEEHA?

13. Jan Larsson

I think you are right, I'll leave it for a while and see ... there's another person that registered at the same time that also seems to be fake ... I'll keep an eye on both of them and then decide what to do :yes:

14. Super B

Super B

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have #133 and I am trying to figure out who drove this car. Does anyone have any information on where to obtain a list?

Thanks!!!

15. Jan Larsson

16. Super B

Super B

Thanks! I will send you a PM directly!