1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

Parade Car?

Discussion in 'Photo / Video / License Plate Gallery' started by Mark T-TB, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Mark T-TB

Mark T-TB Car Crazy from birth

Well, it wasn't exactly the Indy Festival... but we had the opportunity to participate in the Woodbury (NJ) Fall Festival Parade. The photo is in the staging area. This is typical small-town stuff.
    We cruised (slower than walking pace) the nearly 2 mile route - lined with folks on both sides in some areas - between a String Band [on a flatbed trailer] and an antique "hook & ladder" style fire truck that was steering the back end all over the lanes :eek:
    This is one of those times that I was glad that the car has the decals on the doors.
    It was fun, but we did hear a lot of people talking about the "Race Car"... must be difficult to tell that is a "P" on the door :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

2. kymmee

kymmee Silver Member

Thanks for posting. Always a different perspective when participating in a parade vs watching one. Never drove a car in a parade, but when I was young I used to ride horses in those small town ones. lol Glad you had fun!

3. Mark T-TB

Thanks, Kymmee.
    It was very "interesting" :rolleyes: to hear the comments from the viewers.
    One policeman commented, "now that's old-school".
    One dad told his kids that, "that is the kind of car Daddy will get someday".
    Another couple ran up (we were stopped) and both took pictures with their son next to the car, then thanked us profusely.
    A few told me to "Light 'em up" (which I thought would have been a bad idea).
    Definitely a good time... much better than walking (which I did once when one of the girls was in the YMCA "Indian Princess" program... we were warmer and less tired)

4. TTA984

TTA984 Gold Member

Good showing Mark, I have heard that comment before, "now that's old school". Yeah, but I like it better than alot of the new school stuff!:yes:

5. Mark T-TB

I'll take any positive comment anytime... but it sounds funny to me since 2 of our other cars are 1965 and 1966 :rolleyes: