1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

Repo intercooler duct

Discussion in 'Rate and recommend parts and or service providers' started by olddude, Sep 18, 2009.

1. olddude

olddude Active Member

I purchased a intercooler duct manufactured by Car Motorsports about a month ago, as the original one on my TTA was junk. It came packaged nicely, installed some what easliy but the quality of the duct was lacking. Some of the rivets were poorly installed, the sides of the duct where it mounts to the intercooler were of thin material and warped making it hard to get it seated over the intercooler flange. After installation, the duct intake "lists" to the drivers side of the car about 3/4" of an inch. I guess when your the only one making these things quality control is not a big issue. For $300 plus they could have included new screws with the unit. Nuf said.

2. Jan Larsson

Jan Larsson Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm suprised to hear that ... I got mine when they first came out about 5 or so years ago (can't remember at the moment) and the fit was perfect, thickness of plasic/rubber blend very close to the OEM ones and nothing wrong with the rivets etc. Still looks new on my car.

Sounds like the quality control gone down and possibly they cheaped out on the material being used when molding them?

I know Rich who was originaly involved getting these done by the original manufacturer left carmotorsports years ago but he always put the effort in to make sure quality was top notch and made sure their customers where 100% satisfied.

3. tta299

tta299 White Car Fever

Thats when i got mine also jan ... mine fit perfect an was nice

4. fastgreek

fastgreek TTA #479

had no problems with mine

5. Jan Larsson

They are down in price as well ... $249 or so on their ebay shop ...

6. TTA976

TTA976 Silver Member

I was browsing ebay and I seen that Friday night. Use to be over 400 bucks if I remember correctly. Nice post Jan.:thumbup:

7. Jan Larsson

That's what I thought when I saw it as well ... I paid around 450 for mine included free shipping and some extras (keyring I believe) but that was when they first came out ...

Very tempted to get a spare one but if there's quality issues with them these days I'm not sure ... anyone got one recently from them?