Rocker emblems

Would like to know if someone has a template or specs on where exactly the in the wings are on the rocker. I am the middle of replacing my and noticed when I took my indy wings off the rocker's, one was lower than another.

That's what they must've done. So I guess what you do is pick the one that looks right, and go with that on the other side. Did they have a template for that anyways?

Are those from your car? How you know those are correct? Do you have this on a sheet for can you make a downloadable attachment?

WS6

Stay thirsty my friends
Are those from your car?
No...

How you know those are correct?
I don't but the text underneath the photo implies that they are probably not 100%

Do you have this on a sheet for can you make a downloadable attachment?
No sir...I've had this photo saved on my PC for a couple years and I lifted it from somebody else. I'm probably going to jail for some copyright infringement.

Jan Larsson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Post the question in the "questions for Scott Kelly" thread ... templates used or not @ PAS ?

Only real template (from PAS that is) I've seen is for the turbo fender emblems ... as sent out to the dealers along with the "missing" emblems.

Never seen or heard about a template for any of the other emblems (and inclyding the map pocket emblem).

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
I got lucky when I replaced mine. There was a slight yellowing on the car from the glue off the OEM badges. So I lightly stuck the new ones on there till they were lined up where the shaddow was. There may have been a template on it as there was one for the fender emblems. Maybe Scott will have them at the reunion! :) You'll have to come to find out! :) :eam:

One thing is for sure they make a huge difference replacing them! That gold coating was very thin at best! If your really stuck I can measure mine because I know I got them dead on to where the factory ones were.

Attachments

I did this same thing , but when the ones you took off our not in the right place either it doesn't help.
I got lucky when I replaced mine. There was a slight yellowing on the car from the glue off the OEM badges. So I lightly stuck the new ones on there till they were lined up where the shaddow was.

[FONT=&quot]The exact placement of the emblems is really important because the beauty of the vehicle depends to a considerable extent on them. WS6 has provided the most accurate answer here. I liked the replacements made by Philly. They are really cute. Mine has also become pretty old and I am also thinking of replacing them.[/FONT]

TTA984

Gold Member
What I will do is take pics of the ones on the car as well as measurements and put the new ones in the same spot. Just make sure you clean and prep the area good so they adhere.

Will probably use a heatgun to loosen up the old glue and maybe use a fishing line so it don't damage the paint.

I am satisified with the location of the old emblems on there now, so if I can get the new ones the same I will be happy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom