service manual wanted

WS6

Stay thirsty my friends
Looking for factory 1989 Pontiac service manual and the turbo specific factory supplement manual.

Quiky One

Silver Member
Ebay is full of the third gen manuals. Some are even on CD if you want it that way.

the TTA is a little harder to come by but ebay is still your best chance. I got one for 25 bucks off of there.

TTA850

They are also still available new from Helm Inc. According to their website, http://www.helminc.com, the 1989 Firebird Shop Manual is #S8910F, $149, is print to order and includes S8910FES 1989 Firebird Shop Manual Supplement. The 1989 20th Anniversary Trans Am Service Manual Supplement is #S8910FAE, $157, is in stock and includes S8910F. They also still have the 1989 Firebird Owner Manual #10077755 which is $20 and in stock.

WS6

Stay thirsty my friends
Yes, I will check e-bay for an 89 service manual. The supplement manual for the turbo is the animal I'm after. I saw the one at Helm, but choked on the $157 price tag. But if that's the only place then so be it, I'll buy it.

Just thought maybe somebody had a second set to sell.

Thanks

TTA850

The $157 price tag gets you the TTA service manual suppliment and the 1989 Firebird shop manual, so it's not just the suppliment. It is a little high though I've seen new and used ones sell for more on ebay

WS6

Stay thirsty my friends
Well, I got the service manual set today, the supplement is exactly what I wanted.The main 1989 manual....well it's a reprint...or should I say a Xerox of 10 chapters on cheap paper, 3 hole punched and loose. No binder,no heavy cover. Just 4 inches of paper. I was very disappointed about that. Had to buy a 3 ring binder that will hold 4" of stock paper and those aren't a couple bucks either, more like $30+.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
WS6 said:
Well, I got the service manual set today, the supplement is exactly what I wanted.The main 1989 manual....well it's a reprint...or should I say a Xerox of 10 chapters on cheap paper, 3 hole punched and loose. No binder,no heavy cover. Just 4 inches of paper. I was very disappointed about that. Had to buy a 3 ring binder that will hold 4" of stock paper and those aren't a couple bucks either, more like $30+.
Helm stopped producing the "proper" manual a couple of years back and now as you mentioned only ship the xerox version :-(

Top Bottom