1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

Shifting

Discussion in 'Photo / Video / License Plate Gallery' started by TTAGUY, Oct 22, 2013.

1. TTAGUY

TTAGUY Well-Known Member

2. WS6

WS6 Stay thirsty my friends

Not sure what your complaint is? Shifting into OD at 90 while somewhat softpeddling?I'm seeing maybe 12 psi of boost max, is that right?

Do you have a power logger?

3. TTAGUY

TTAGUY Well-Known Member

WS6, it will not go into od till 90, if I just keep her at 60 speed limit here, or anything under 90 for that matter, it will not go into 4th. I think 12 psi, but that is not wot, 16 psi max wot. Sorry no power logger yet.

4. WS6

WS6 Stay thirsty my friends

Well then I think I'd be looking at adjusting the TV cable, if that doesn't work I'd take it to a tranny shop to have to have it looked at..

Sorry, I'm really weak on transmission repair...but you mentioned the BLMs....that I can tell you seems fine but I never got too hung up on Block Learn cells, especially during part to moderate throttle.As long as they haven't bottomed or topped out, I ignore them.

5. TTAGUY

TTAGUY Well-Known Member

Will look at the cable next day off thanks for your help as always WS6. BLM's and everything else seems to be good.

6. TTA984

TTA984 Gold Member

Anyone else will till you a normal TTA transmission will automatically go into OD, well below what your OD speed is. Seem like around the 60s mph mark somewhere. Seem like this topic was brought up here before a while back.

7. TTAGUY

TTAGUY Well-Known Member

Searched but gave up. It should go into OD, but it wont till 90 mph, which I do believe is way to high, and should like you said Mike automatically.

8. TTA984

TTA984 Gold Member

Like WS6 said, check the TV cable first, it might be misadjusted or something!
    When I said going into OD in the 60s was at normal driving not at WOT or similar.
    It was brought up here a while back, but I believe it was under another topic or title.:D

9. kymmee

kymmee Silver Member

TV cable was my first thought. Your rpm's at your shift points are high compared to my car. Mine goes in OD at about 50-55mph at normal driving. Seems like its really winding up to shift. You should be well into OD at 90 mph.

10. TTAGUY

TTAGUY Well-Known Member

Thanks all, yes tv cable will be the first culprit to check, even soft pedal it wont go into od, I have to get on it to get to 90 to go into 4th.

I will post my findings in a few days.:crazy:

11. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

Sorry to say but that is usually what happen's when the converter is going bad, drive it long enough and it will take the trans with it, i'm sure you have checked the fluid so if the tv cable is right guess what's next... oh yeah, make sure the wire's are good where the overdrive connect's to the trans... ie, not cut, ect...

12. TTAGUY

TTAGUY Well-Known Member

Copy that Robert, will check everything next day off, if it all checks out, and yes fluid is good. But that will suck for me to take the convertor out, with jack and jack stands, but I been patient this long.

13. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

I got to thinking about where that car come from and the issue's you had buying it so here are some things to consider, is it the correct trans? stock converter? correct converter? built trans for higher boost set-up? a switch somewhere to control lock-up? bad TCC solenoid ? foot brake it and see what the rpm's are at 0 boost, also what the rpm's are when the tire's break loose.

14. pont1230

pont1230 Well-Known Member

I would do what pretty much everyone had mentioned try to adjust the tv cable

15. TTAGUY

TTAGUY Well-Known Member

Robert will do the foot brake rpm reading my day off, but for sure not stock convertor, or trans, and no switch for lock up.

16. TTAGUY

TTAGUY Well-Known Member

Will do this first

17. TTAGUY

TTAGUY Well-Known Member

OK so today I played around with the tv cable, it was not tight, I even drove a bit around with it disconnected. Same thing 4th coming in a 90. if I understood everyone the cable at the throttle?

Anything to look at the tranny directly? if not then it is the torque convertor, like Robert said?

18. Jan Larsson

Jan Larsson Super Moderator Staff Member

Be careful, TV cable adjusts the pressure and if not adjusted properly or you drive without it you can ruin the transmission.

Easy to adjust just pull it out and push the gas pedal to the floor and it will ratchet and adjust it self that is it.

If it wont ratchet and self adjust something is wrong.

19. Jan Larsson

Jan Larsson Super Moderator Staff Member

20. TTAGUY

TTAGUY Well-Known Member

Will do this right now thanks Jan!