So what are you doing / have done to your TTA getting it ready for the reunion?

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
21 Days to go!! :thumbup:

Just wondering what you guys are doing / have done to get your TTA's ready for the event. I just changed the oil and filter yesterday, lubed up the front end as well. Drives me nuts to change the oil when it's still clear! :eeks: But it's been 2 years since I changed it but I figured it was time. I think the oil only had about 400 miles on it. I'm always worried about the paper in the filter coming apart just from age. I had a Mobil One filter on there and it was gray. They haven't made the gray ones in years!

Next up to wax and detail it and that's about it. Seems all my other junk has issues but the TTA. (knock on wood) I usually don't even take her out in the summer. Too hot on that leather! But I think I can deal with it for a weekend! :dance:

So post away what you have done or are doing to get your TTA's ready for the reunion!

WS6

Stay thirsty my friends
I've been dreading this realization...I've done nothing and I fear it will show poorly for it.

I have yet to install my new leather interior,clean up under the hood,clean up underneath,etc.

Shame on me!

what am I doing? driving it on the trailer.

What I have done since last year? battery, alky pump, fire extinguisher, oil change, and repinned the IGN module.

kymmee

Silver Member
I was planning on attending this event even before I owned a TTA, thought maybe I could find one for sale there. But anyway, since I got the car last August I have done a lot of little things, mostly cosmetic. New rear seats, recovered steering wheel, floor mats, coolant heat shield cover, visors, sail panel covers, and a bunch of little interior bits and pieces. I still have a long way to go to get it "perfect" in my mind, but it is presentable. Mechanically, I was good when I bought it, I havent put many miles on it (maybe 300). Did change the fluid and got a new seal in the rear end. I need an intermediate pipe on my exhaust, it has a hole, but its patched for now. I cant believe its getting so close! A few more weekends, I'll detail it out, but its pretty clean now, always covered and wiped down after I drive it.:thumbup:

Just washed my car tonight! Wayyyy to many bugs on the front. At this time I think I might drive 365 out to the reunion. I'm wayyy to busy at this time to swap rear ends into 733. Also if the swap doesn't go as planned I'll have neither car to drive. I'm driving 3260 km ( 2025 miles) and I'm sure my car will be extra dirty and covered in bugs by the time I get there. Gonna have to pack my wash mit and windex.

I'm gonna swap my American racing rims off the car and put the wheels and tires on from my '87 GTA cause they have new all season tires. When I drove to Vegas I had Mickey thompsons on the back and ran into light snow in Montana.... Whao that was scary. Besides they were done, bald bald bald by the time I got to Vegas anyway.

That's all I'm gonna do, I might attempt putting in new seat covers but I'm not sure.

Jarred

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Oh my the old gal loves to shine up when I detail her! :headbang: Today I did clay bar the entire car, buffed, waxed, soaked down the seats with Lextol, detailed the interior, and cleaned up the engine bay. She comes up like a new penny every time. That original paint likes to shine!

16 Days to go!!

Attachments

Nick Wise

As always, waiting till the last minute to get things ready. So far I recovered all the seats, replaced all the couplers for the intercooler/up pipe/maf pipe. Replaced the vacuum lines. Started cleaning and polishing under the hood. And started fitting up the new spoiler. Still need to finish and paint the spoiler, fix and paint the hood. Recover headliner/visors/sail panels. Finish cleaning the interior. Replace brake pads and front rotors. Replace trans lines with stainless lines from classic tube ( the old one has a rubber hose connecting it were someone had cut it before). Get steering wheel recovered. Change fluids, install washer bottle(wouldn't fit with the old maf setup). And clean up exterior. After that.it should be presentable, however, no matter if I get everything done or not, it will be there. Getting the paint work done is going to be tough, since I really don't have the time to do it. Fingers crossed. I am sure I will find a few more projects to do to it before next weekend.

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
lol wow Nick get your ass to work!! :) That's some great progress you made already!! Made me tired reading it all! :)

I was in the garage today cleaning the engine bay some more polishing somethings up here and there.

Nick Wise

Hell I quit reading halfway through the post because I got exhausted with the spoiler alone!!!!
the spoiler really sucks. Next time I might pay someone to do it for me. Along with the front seats. I do body work for a living so that is saying something about that spoiler. I have also recovered many seats in the past, but none were as bad as the front seats in a TTA. Plus I don't sew, so that was kind of interesting. At least I can honestly say That everything done to the car so far, I have done myself.

the spoiler really sucks. Next time I might pay someone to do it for me. Along with the front seats. I do body work for a living so that is saying something about that spoiler. I have also recovered many seats in the past, but none were as bad as the front seats in a TTA. Plus I don't sew, so that was kind of interesting. At least I can honestly say That everything done to the car so far, I have done myself.
yeah i sent mine to the paint shop yesterday to repaint the deck and spoiler, and install it, :thumbup: hopefully all goes well, or they could say , you do it !! :bash:

Nick Wise

I'm planing on painting the deck lid too. Once that spoiler goes on, it is never coming back off. forgot a few other things, grease up the suspension, hopefully having a few dents picked out of the doors this week, installing RJC PCV valve and replacing the original steel coolant lines with the stainless steel ones. I would like to do a lot more, but time and money is putting a damper on the rest. My problem is once i start doing one thing, I want to do everything else. Then I would be in the middle of a total restoration.

kymmee

Silver Member
As always, waiting till the last minute to get things ready. So far I recovered all the seats, replaced all the couplers for the intercooler/up pipe/maf pipe. Replaced the vacuum lines. Started cleaning and polishing under the hood. And started fitting up the new spoiler. Still need to finish and paint the spoiler, fix and paint the hood. Recover headliner/visors/sail panels. Finish cleaning the interior. Replace brake pads and front rotors. Replace trans lines with stainless lines from classic tube ( the old one has a rubber hose connecting it were someone had cut it before). Get steering wheel recovered. Change fluids, install washer bottle(wouldn't fit with the old maf setup). And clean up exterior. After that.it should be presentable, however, no matter if I get everything done or not, it will be there. Getting the paint work done is going to be tough, since I really don't have the time to do it. Fingers crossed. I am sure I will find a few more projects to do to it before next weekend.
When did you start all this stuff?? Thats a lot of things going on. I am going to detail my engine bay this week. Kinda on the fence about the exterior, its clean now, but with driving it down, I know it will get dirty. Always hate that, but thats the price you pay for driving it. What do you guys do about all the bug juice on the front bumper?? Some guy at the TA Nats told me he puts saran wrap on the bumper, so as to keep the bug accumulation down. Anyone ever heard of that??

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
You can use saran wrap or I like to use blue painters tape. That comes right off and you can cover the entire nose with it. That is one thing that drives me nuts with my TTA. I can drive around the block and there are bugs on the nose! I came home from a show one night in the spring and it was loaded!

Nick Wise

When did you start all this stuff?? Thats a lot of things going on. I am going to detail my engine bay this week. Kinda on the fence about the exterior, its clean now, but with driving it down, I know it will get dirty. Always hate that, but thats the price you pay for driving it. What do you guys do about all the bug juice on the front bumper?? Some guy at the TA Nats told me he puts saran wrap on the bumper, so as to keep the bug accumulation down. Anyone ever heard of that??
I have seen people use the blue painters tape to tape up the front end of the car. I see this all the time at Carlisle with cars from out of state. Never asked anyone about it, but I guess it works. Im just planniing on cleaning mine again once I get there.

BTW, I did the seats about a month ago, everything else started last friday. And this will be the first time I really clean the interior since I got the car.

TTA984

Gold Member
If your driving your car or hauling on a open car carrier you are subject to insects and the elements. Enclosed is the best means of transport.

Mike Arrigo

I am driving mine and planning on killing a gazillion bugs during the trip and then heading straight to the nearest spray car wash! :burnrubber:

8289ta

Silver Member
If your driving your car or hauling on a open car carrier you are subject to insects and the elements. Enclosed is the best means of transport.
It would probably cost a grand each way.
If you put a good coat of quality wax on it, the bugs won't be so bad coming off.

Top Bottom