So what are you doing / have done to your TTA getting it ready for the reunion?

TTA984

Gold Member
I saw it in the pics. Looks like they would have saw this when they installed it. Or maybe they didn't know it was supposed to be closer.

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good from where I'm sitting Robert! :)

You guys! Buncha trailer trash I tell ya! :rofl: Everyone wants to play in my trailer! :)

Took the TTA to the trans doctor. He said "WOW, an AC Delco original TCC solenoid... where did you get this? You can't get them anymore!" Sure nuff they are long discontinued from the general. They make one but you have to cut and splice it he was telling me. So at least buying it all those years ago paid off because it's an original plug and play :) I'm so happy with the car now. The shifts are nice and firm thru all the gears. Feels great! The truck did good too towing! 104 degrees today and the trans temps were around mid to high 190's. Friend of mine with the same truck only 2 wheel drive pulled up next to me and I asked him what his trans temp was and it was the same as mine but I was pulling a trailer so that made me feel happy! Truck was getting around 9mpg but was mostly stop and go on the hottest day of the year so I guess that wasn't too bad. AC on full blast no less. Hopefully she gets me 10mpg or better on the way to Ohio and I'll be happy! Air bags are going on the truck tomorrow to keep it firm! :)

Last edited:
The paint looks good. It sure don't look
like they have it right near the glass, I guess they waranty their work.
this guy is one of the best in the state of ga, and he has painted a few cars for me over the years, i have not talked to him yet , but its my guess its the spoiler , not the installer

TTA984

Gold Member
this guy is one of the best in the state of ga, and he has painted a few cars for me over the years, i have not talked to him yet , but its my guess its the spoiler , not the installer

I still have the orig. rubber one, but most of the people have replaced theirs with fiberglass spoilers from Hawks, with no problems.

Kman1971

Yea, the spoiler issue is a hard one to swallow. Almost $400 bucks for a "Perfect Fit" (MY AS@$$%@%) replacement fiberglass spoiler, $150 to ship it, another $300 to have it painted and installed.....:explosion:The key to these is to have it prepped, fit and installed by someone who knows how to do it right.

On the plus side, they look awesome freshly painted and are way lighter and easier on the hatch stuts and rear hatch motor. :cheers:

BTW, Rob, the car looks awesome and sounds like you have it running the way it should again. Nice Job...

Kman1971

I am so bummed, after searching airline tickets for a quick trip to columbus on Friday or the thought of driving the TTA 6 hours each way with all the alternator problems I have been having, all for just a couple hours at the show on Friday.... even as good as just a couple hours at the show sounds, I am just not going to be able to make it to this years re-union and it is killing me. :bash: My whole family flies out to CA early on Saturday morning for my oldest daughters last week of travel softball before heading off to college...very bitter sweet ending, considering I am missing this event too...

Does anyone know? Is this the first event of an annual meeting? Do they plan to have a TTA reunion every summer? For me, I can only hope they have another one.

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear you can't make it! This event is most likely one and done that's why it's been in the planning for over 2 years now. Slap a alternator from Pep Boys on the car and cruise it down! If we get 200 TTA's in Ohio next weekend there is a chance about something bigger next year but we need 200 TTA's for that source to consider that event. Try to get her on down!

Nick Wise

So I knew I was shooting little high to get everything done, and I definitely fell short. But the car looks a little better, except for the grey spoiler, and the interior looks a little better, although the sunvisors didn't get done. Still have some work to do before I come out tomorrow, just excited bout going regardless of how well the car shows.ttariderttarider

89tta636

So I knew I was shooting little high to get everything done, and I definitely fell short. But the car looks a little better, except for the grey spoiler, and the interior looks a little better, although the sunvisors didn't get done. Still have some work to do before I come out tomorrow, just excited bout going regardless of how well the car shows.ttariderttarider
Hey Pal, Your heart has been all in it 100%. That's what counts. We will all have a great time, grey spoiler and all... lol. Time to enjoy all the work you did for this weekend.

See you tomorrow morning on the turnpike.... Look for the two TTAs with NY tags...

Nick Wise

Hey Pal, Your heart has been all in it 100%. That's what counts. We will all have a great time, grey spoiler and all... lol. Time to enjoy all the work you did for this weekend.

See you tomorrow morning on the turnpike.... Look for the two TTAs with NY tags...
I will be anxiously waiting on the on ramp. Keep me posted and I will be there. BTW, the bridge across the river where I hope to meet you is 3 lanes wide.:thumbup::burnrubber::burnrubber::burnrubber:

Top Bottom