1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

Someone Has Wrong Car Number Build

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 1bad89, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 1bad89

1bad89 Member

I looked up my VIN number through your website listings and I have car number 557. but according to the registry someone else has that car. I posted my registry but its not there . How is this possible and who is right, help?.

2. SouthBaySurfer

SouthBaySurfer Well-Known Member

Previous owner maybe. The registry shows quite a few cars with more than one owner. When a car gets sold the last owner's name usually doesn't get dropped from the list. My car still shows my name and two previous owners, as well.

3. 1bad89

1bad89 Member

Thanks for the input, I understand that now. But here is the real catch,, I bought this TTA brand new back in 89 right off the showroom floor and I am the only owner of car number 557. What's weird is if you look at the registry under 557, that person only has 220 miles on the vehicle. Not much more info either so I guess it really doesn't matter. At least I know I have the right number anyways with my documents. All I was trying to do was set the record straight. Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated !!

4. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That is interesting ...

5. jarredsoon

jarredsoon Gold Member

wow you bought your TTA right off the showroom floor!!! That's pretty cool that you did that and still own the car. How many miles are on it now if you don't mind me asking?

6. 1bad89

1bad89 Member

The car has an original mileage of 17,125 which most of it was when I bought the car in 1989. About 5 years ago I started to add all the goodies to speed it up a little bit. This summer was the new PTE turbo. As you know it takes $$ and this stuff isn't cheap. I'm almost there and have set a goal of hopefully 11.50's. Anyways ,, your website here is the best thing a person could join if you own a " TTA ". KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK. Cuz I turned a few heads at the Detroit Woodward dream cruise this year. Burn Rubber and heat up those Mickey Thompsons.... LOL -- YOLO. You only live once !!!

89FirebirdTA and Jan Larsson like this.
  7. kidsixpack

kidsixpack Well-Known Member

Wow cool stuff!! I'd be interested in your backstory. What prompted you to buy it? Do you have all the dealer stuff? Did you just start to mod it?
    I wanted one new. I doubt I would have held on to it this long.
    KID

8. 1bad89

1bad89 Member

Kidsixpack ,, my story isn't that exciting. As a kid in high school I had a 72 Ventura my grandma let me have. Pretty close to what a Nova looks like. My best friend and I built this car and turned it into a high 11's beast. But as you know we all want to go even faster. So I got greedy and blew the motor big time with stage 3 nitrous " 225 " more hp. Bummer deal. You play,you pay. Anyways I sold that car and bought a 86 trans-am , black with a 305. Traded that car in for a 87 GTA, gray with a 350. Now that was a sweet ride. But when the 89 TTA came out ,,, I traded that car in for the ultimate champion. Had to have it and got it from Bob Jeannotte Pontiac in Plymouth, Michigan. Actually that dealership is still in business. Crazy . Got the TTA for $ 28,500 out the door. And I have all the paperwork and that box with the leather key chain , cassette tape , GMAC keychain and owner's manual with that black cool looking cover or whatever you want to call it. So now you can guess my age ,,,, LOL. Still a kid who loves toys. I'll send out the mods I've done tomorrow. Peace out.....

89FirebirdTA likes this.
  9. kidsixpack

You're wrong! It's a great story! I'm in metro Detroit. Went to a few dealers and looked at then when new. They wouldn't allow test drives. I think my car came from Red Holman. I have the paper work just not 100% sure at this very moment. My car has some bolt on mods that were installed by the original owner. I'd like to tune it to its full potential, but I've been saying that for a few years. Maybe next year.
    Thanks a lot for the follow up!
    KID

10. kidsixpack

IMG_4784.JPG Latest pic of my TTA
    KID

89FirebirdTA likes this.
  11. 1bad89

1bad89 Member

Nice picture of your TTA. Looks like it's in mint condition. Can I ask how many miles are on it . I just pulled an all nighter on my car , trying to get this Alky system in. Definitely time consuming but at least under the hood is done. So you're from the Detroit area ?. You mentioned Red Holman Pontiac dealer ,,, that's where I bought my 86 and 87 trans am's from. Actually I looked at the 89 TTA they had in there show room. Wanted to buy it but the salesman wouldn't budge at all on the price. That's so cool if YOU ended up with the car , especially if you're the second owner. I try to hit some car shows around town. You probably heard about Bakers out in Milford. Maybe we can meet up one day. I'll be back on this site later today and share some mods I've done so far. My car will need a good tune also. I know the guy who can do it to , but I'm waiting till spring when hopefully I'll be done with everything. Ttyl..

12. kidsixpack

Thanks My TTA has 36k on it. Yea I'm still in metro Detroit. I just moved from downriver to Monroe county. Technically I'm third owne. I bought it off the original owners son. I usually hit bakers ones or twice a season. I've not made it this season at all. Maybe I can get ahold of the guy I bought my car from and ask if it was in the showroom.
    I'll pm you my number. I have specific info on my car here:
    My TTA

KID

13. 1bad89

1bad89 Member

That's so cool how you did your pictures with your personal info. Very nice. I ended up going to Bakers today , last minute decision. It was great weather and it was packed. Right away this guy comes up to me and we start taking. Turns out he owns over a 100 cars and just purchased a TTA with I think around 12k miles on it from Montana. Nice guy to talk to also. Joining this website too. Also another TTA showed up. 3rd owner's on both cars. Next Sunday is there last show I think. I might go, not sure yet. I can't seem to pull up your new pics and info again. Looks like you had some nice rides over the years. Sweet ..... Getting late here ,, Ttyl.

14. kidsixpack

I'll try to make it to bakers for the last show!
    Wow I've never seen another TTA there. Pretty cool.
    KID

15. 1bad89

1bad89 Member

Got your message and contact number. Sounds good , I'll text you tomorrow some time and leave a message. That way you'll have my cell number. I just seen that TTA badge sign. I emailed chad to see if he had 1 more. But there probably gone by now. They look bad ass too. Day late and a dollar short

16. DynoDave

DynoDave Well-Known Member

Another Metro Detroiter! Hope to see you around.

17. 1bad89

1bad89 Member

If you're not to busy, might go to Bakers in Milford Sunday. Playing it by ear ??. Could be a good day to meet up ,, we'll see.

18. kidsixpack

Last gathering at Bakers for the season. Weather permitting I will be there.
    KID

19. 1bad89

1bad89 Member

Weather forecast looking good so far for Sunday. I'll be there too. Morning time before noon, cause I can't stay all day.

20. kidsixpack

I always thought it started at 3 o'clock. Does it start early?
    KID

21. 1bad89

1bad89 Member

Crap , I just looked up bakers for Sunday and it starts at 2 pm till 7. I don't know what time I'll be there now, but I will still make it there. I'll just text you when I'm in route. Just had family plans I can rearrange. No worries !

22. 89ttaDan

89ttaDan

1bad, when exactly did you buy your tta? And what was the mileage on the odometer when you bought it? I ask because I read somewhere that mfg's would take back a car (under warranty?) fix it, reset mileage, and sell it as new! Do you remember when Dell got caught doing that with hard drives and other components?!

23. 1bad89

1bad89 Member

I'll look up the paperwork and let you know when I get home from work today. Yeah I know what your talking about..

24. 1bad89

1bad89 Member

Tta Dan, I just pulled my original invoice and window sticker, but can't find the build sheet or car #. This sucks, the original dealer was Bob jeannotte Pontiac and the mileage on the odometer read 35. I purchased the car on August 31, 1989. Last 10 digits of vin # are. 79KL240284. Where is the car # located ?.

25. 89ttaDan

89ttaDan

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017 at 9:22 PM